AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
I was told at Cedia first quarter 2003. Price not set.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found out it will be called the MC-8, and that the DC-1 would not be able to be traded in on it. Mr. Frost stated he thought previously not traded in MC-1's and DC-2's would be able to be traded in on it.

I could find no other info.

Thanks WScott for your info.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I will probably stick with my MC-1 unless the trade-in program is too good to resist. There is just no way that I am going to spend more than a couple of grand for what will likely be an incremental improvement in sound.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Marbles,

I use my setup 95% for movies. If I listen to music it is in straight 2 channel. I agree that if DVD-A/SACD is a big issue, then upgrading to new Lexicon will make a lot of sense given that it will have a 5 channel analog pass through.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scott and others, currently I have a 5.1 setup with a seperate 2 channel pre with HT bypass. I have seperate amps (7 channels worth) and am getting another 2 speakers so I can get a 7.1 setup. I currently use a Pioneer Elite receiver for HT and DVD-A passthrough. I really like concert DVD's, but I only like a handful of DVD-A titles. I would like the ability of SACD/DVD-A passthrough, but don't want the hassle and cost of buying 12 more IC's and the Sony P-9000es pre.

Like a lot of folks, I'm just trying to figure out if I want a receiver for SSP duties @$1K, a full blown pre/pro @$4K, or a 2 year old full blown but older technology for $2K.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree or am in a similar boat as Scott B. I use my system for 50/50 and love the MC-1. However, right now at this moment, DVD-A/SACD is not a big issue for me as the genre of music I listen to, the majority of it is not in DVD/SACD. Also not sure how much of an improvement one will get with the Baby MC-12.

I think I would rather save up for an MC-12B...by that time maybe DVD-A/SACD would be more prevalent and it would be worthwhile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.