AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski has confirmed that Warner is working on the first season of the TV series for DVD release this fall.

Read all about it on The Digital Bits

--Jerome

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
joekun,

Let's just hope that Warner has the intestinal fortitude to stay the course and release all five seasons on DVD. I was hugely POed when they cancelled production on the laserdiscs a little better than halfway through.

--Jerome

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Thanks to syndication B5 is more popular now than it was then...and DVD is has sold 20 times more LD, so the sales should be good.

Looks like there's going to be a couple commentaries also!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I'm not too concerned about that, I didn't purchase the LDs because of the sheer expense of it, and the fact that they weren't widescreen. I think a lot of people held off thinking that there would be a widescreen version and to buy the fullscreen LDs would be a waste of money. Apparently the first DVD sold quite well, and JMS stated that they were already preparing multiple seasons last November (if I remember correctly) simply off the strength of the preorders.

·
Registered
83 Posts
There is a thread like this on every board, but this surely is great news, I just want Sliders as well and then I can die happy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I can't wait, give me that boxed set and I can finally pitch my vhs tapes of the entire show. They are starting to fail anyway.

B5, the best sci fi ever done on TV, thank the Great Maker

·
Registered
977 Posts
More news on the box set is starting to trickle in. In addition to Joe Straczynski providing comentaries for 'Signs and Portents' and 'Chrysalis' it looks like we'll be getting a number of brand new interviews with the cast members.

No official specs yet...but Season One is tentative for November.

Howie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.