AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are things progressing - can`t see any posts.Is the delivery schedule on target still ? (can`t seem to access the update pages)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Do a search... there are several here who are not happy with the Pannie's picture..

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really ? That is not what I hoped to hear ( but implies that at least they are shipping now).

I`ll do a search - meantime, is it general, or specific to certain projectors ?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
it's a problem with projectors that have a large amount of vertical shift.

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I made an agreement with Shawn not to speak too much until I had given him a chance to work with me (I have a Davis projector and this is one of the worst offenders) but I don't think he will mind me passing on good news...

As long as you are prepared to remount I think almost all image aberrations can be brought to a level that would need to be very picky to object to... At the moment I have the non liner compression down to a bearable level and this is producing keystone (remember you can mount the projector and Pannie pointing at an angle to the screen to counteract this totally)...

I do have some minor issues left and want to wait until I have enough time to let Shawn help me rid my setup of all of them or at least get it the best I can before I post anything negative but rest assured I will post all my results and instructions and that at the moment (with only 2 brief stints adjusting) I have an image that is better than either of the Davis ones posted on here so far...

------------------
New email [email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys

Is there a list of "good and Bad" projectors ?

I have A SIM HT200 - anybody know if this is a "good" fit ?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,960 Posts

trevorone

There are no issues with the Seleco/Panamorph combo.

Perfect geomitry because the Seleco exits its image on axis.

------------------

Alan Gouger

Thanks for supporting AV Science.
www.avscience.com

·
Registered
133 Posts
Trevorone,

I received my PANAMORPH on Tuesday, September 11. I was in the August 31 group. So it looks like ViSR - Visual Systems Research, Inc. is about a week behind schedule.

Alan,

If offset is the issue how does it preform with a DILA G15 which has 50% offset?

------------------

Jim Nissen

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dan,

I was in the first pre-buy from AVS. My purchase date was

July 10, 2000. However, people who ordered after me got theirs before me. Check http://www.visr.com/p752_shipping.htm Maybe they are 2 weeks behind. By the way the Panamorph is a beautiful piece of work.

------------------

Jim Nissen

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I got an e-mail that mine had shipped on Sept. 11th via Airborne. Of course, with all flights grounded for three days, I suspect it will be next week before they are caught up and I receive my lens.

I was in the first pre-buy in early July. I think the 10th, although by the time my AVS receipt arrived it was dated the 18th. Not sure how people are deciding which date to use for reference. Why others that didn't order until August got their lens before me is a mystery, but at least I now know that the lenses are still in production, still shipping, and Shawn hasn't shut the doors and moved to Panama yet.

------------------

Kirk Ellis

G1000 D-ILA, HTPC, Panamorph (soon I hope),

Dish 6000 (HBOHD,SHOHD,CBS,NBC,ABC,WB,FOX,UPN, KCET -- does it get any better ?)

[This message has been edited by dreamer (edited 09-13-2001).]

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Jim, thanks, that's good news. And I see the numbers on the shipping schedule have bumped up since I last looked.

DROOL! SLOBBER!! Soon I get to play too? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Dan

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
It appears that Stewart Filmscreen is going to take over the marketing of the Panamorph. With their financial resources and production skills, I anticipate great things.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Gouger:

trevorone

There are no issues with the Seleco/Panamorph combo.

Perfect geomitry because the Seleco exits its image on axis.

I think that treverone asked a great question. I am also interested in a list of projectors with problems. Unfortunately, I don't own a Seleco. How would one determine whether a projector exits its image on axis or not? A search on "axis lp350" in this forum, for example, yields no results.

This would be great information for Cygnus/VISR to be posting on their websites. Where's Cygnus?

chris vandemore

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Jim, which prebuy were you in? Can it be I'll see a Panamorp soon?? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/redface.gif The more I work with my boxlight 38T the more I'm convinced this lens is going to be great. I do have a very slight image offset. In 17', the image ends up being dropped about 3" as measured from the center of the lens. Can't believe this would be a deal killer.

Dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.