AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CRT G70 and getting things hooked back up. I was wondering what is the latest and greatest video and audio card out there now. I have the old Radeon with the MP mod. If I continue to go HTPC do I need the moome card for the G70? The Moome gives component and HDMI input directly to the PJ. I suppose I would need a BD drive for the HTPC as well. Any thoughts would be welcome. XP still the OS of choice?

THANKS!

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
check out theFAQ on building an HTPC... some of the advice is a bit questionable, but mostly right-on

PS... Welcome Back

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK Jim. I'll take a look. The HTPC part of the whole equation is the most DREADFUL. The calibrating the CRT projector, mounting, etc is nothing compared to tinkering with the software on the HTPC. A few little changes to the LATEST and "BEST" configuration leads to a recalibrating of the CRT again. I remember the only thing I was trying to defeat 3 years ago was the jutter or stutter on some of the moving scenes like in TITANIC when they fly over the ship. I would notice a little hesitation as it panned over the ship. I found I was always examining the performance of the system rather than enjoying the movie. I did have a few scenes in movies where I said, "WOW, that's how it's suppose to be!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts