AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

At first: Sorry for my english - I hope you understand everything

I want to upgrade my current JAMO D6 THX System from 5.1 to 7.1. Now I have some questions:

- My room has a size of about 40qm (27 feet long and 14 feet wide) and the "hearing place" is 13 feet from my television. The back wall is 14 feet away. What is the maximum distance where I can install the back surround speakers? Is it possible to install them arround 14 feet behind the "hearing place"?

- Which system is better for surround back (in my case): dipole or direct speakers (my SL and SR speakers are dipole)?

- Is there any problem when the back surround speakers are not directly central behind my sitting positions? What I mean is that the distance between my sitting position and the surround back left and right speaker are a little different (see also the diagramm). Or is it not so important because my AVR is setting up the right distance and level of the speakers?

Here is an overview about my room (behind my sitting position):

X.SL.......Couch........SR.X

X................................X

X............................XXX

X............................X

X.....SB...........SB.....X

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks!

Udo

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.