AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else watched "Back to the Future" 1/2/3 on Comcast HD on-demand?

I wondering where these versions of the films come from, since they're not on Blu-Ray yet. Do you think they're just uprezzed versions of the DVDs?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan868 /forum/post/15442875

I wondering where these versions of the films come from, since they're not on Blu-Ray yet. Do you think they're just uprezzed versions of the DVDs?

No. If it's On Demand HD, it's HD.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred72 /forum/post/15443827

I was wondering the same thing about the Jurassic Park movies on USAHD.

If the image fills the 16:9 image area on USA HD, it's HD.

·
Registered
325 Posts
SciFi Channel showed Jurassic Park in HD for the first time anywhere back in September. I didn't see the USA HD version, but can anyone make a comparison? I was able to capture the SciFi showing and thought it was pretty good minus the occasional bug to watch Ghost Hunters or whatnot.

·
Registered
17,741 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan868 /forum/post/15442875

Most movies are mastered (or remastered) in an HD form, even if they aren't out on Blu-Ray. Back to the Future received that treatment with the last DVD release.

Availability of a title on Blu-Ray is no indication of whether an HD broadcast master exists or not. The broadcast stations on PPV do not use home video media like DVD or Blu-Ray.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.