AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mailed my old Back To The Future (II & III) widescreen DVDs to Dallas April 18 (we live 40 miles north of Dallas).

They arrived today, April 26.

III kept skipping, until I cleaned it, even though it looked clean. It could be my DVD player needs cleaning. After that, and after reinserting it, it seemed to play fine.

What took long was getting the mail-back envelope. I think it was at least 2 weeks after I called in a request before it came in the mail.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Hale
who do I call for the mail-back envelope? or can I request it online?
888-703-0010 is the number I called, I believe.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
What did you send them away for?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by eweiss
888-703-0010 is the number I called, I believe.

Thanks!

I keep forgetting to send mine back...

They were even open today! (Sunday @ 8pm!)

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
I've not been keeping up with this one. What are the rumors (or known facts) about the transfer quality? This isn't one of my all time favorites by any means, but if it looks good, it would be worth getting.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Dean Roddey
I've not been keeping up with this one. What are the rumors (or known facts) about the transfer quality? This isn't one of my all time favorites by any means, but if it looks good, it would be worth getting.
The transfer is fine, but on BTTF II & III, there was some misframing of some scenes so important information was cut off or the scene was too far left or right. So they went back and redid the DVDs for II and III and if you request and send in your original II & III DVDs, they will replace them with the new ones that are correctly framed for the whole movies. I never watch these (my wife does), so I didn't see the original bad framing nor have I looked to see how the new ones look. There are some Web sites out there that do compare the original DVD with how it's supposed to look, and a search should locate these sites, I would think.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Didn't get the Mailer...just sent them by good ole USPS

April 7 mailed-> Texas -----Received back today April 28

so 3 weeks .... but hey they came Back2me

·
Registered
135 Posts
I sent mine a while back and still haven't recieved them :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status