AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the TITANTV schedule to plan my HD viewing when, to my surprise, I found that Backdraft is showing on my birthday next Sunday. Most of my surprise came from the large HD letters next to the title. When I went to Showtime's site, though, it is listed as an upconvert.

I am aware that Showtime's site is usually more reliable on these types of things. What gives, though? Clearly, there is an HD master of this movie, as it is on d-VHS. Why not use that?!?!?!?

Well, if anyone knows this to be actual, true HD, please let me know. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have some more birthday cake....

Kevin

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
It may be an upconvert, but it looks pretty good. Better than some of the zoomed stuff on HBO.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I remember when I saw one of the first HDTV's set up at an electronics store, it had the entire movie of Backdraft playing in a loop. Glad I didn't peel of the $7K bills for that 45" Panasonic at the time, but after seeing Backdraft playing on that thing I was seriously considering it.

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
Backdraft is available as 1080i HD on D-Theater and was broadcast as 1080i on the Japanese BS system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.