AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to use this receiver to watch TV while at the same time listen to a different audio source such as the radio. The manual says this can be done and I have accomplished it only when I have my cable box connected to the receiver with a component video cable. When I connect my set top box to the receiver with an HDMI cable it doesn't work. When I switch from a video source to an audio source the picture goes away but when I do this while connected with component cables the video stays on while I get the audio from my audio source. What I like to do is watch NFL games but listen to the local radio broadcast instead of the TV broadcast.

Can this be accomplished? Am i missing something? The instruction manual doesn't specify if this feature only works when things are connected with a component cable. Trying to reduce the clutter of cables and want to use as few cables as possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Pioneer makes an RX-V463? Sounds like a Yamaha model.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Sounds like it's a limitation of how the receiver works. I don't think there's anything you can do about the limitation. Use component video from the cable box, unless the video quality suffers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts