AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a backlight and am trying to determine the placement behind my 65inch set. I know it should be placed behind and face the rear wall, but do I want to place it low or high on the set?

Thanks!!

------------------

Peter L.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Pete is this a light to light the back grounds or is a typo for what I have going right now a 48 inches long blacklight lighting up all my fluorescent art that I made that glow an erie glow to passersby?

------------------

Hob for Hobby

·
Registered
38 Posts
toshiba5,

I have a Toshiba TW65X81 and I have a CinemaQuest Ideal-Lume 6500K backlight ( http://www.cinemaquestinc.com/ideal_lume.htm ) mounted on the TV. I found I got the best (and most accurate) results when using the light dimmed by 3 F-Stops (both filters) and mounting it in the center (both horizontally and vertically) of the sloped section on the back of the TV cabinet (about 1/3 down from the top of the TV the slop starts). I've metered the light using Avia patterns and this produces a perfect result without "flooding" the wall with light. Hope this helps...

Derek

------------------

Derek J. Nolan -- [email protected] -- My DVDs

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Derek,

Thanks for the info!! I also purchased the ideal lume from cinemaquest. That is where I felt it would probably work best because I have the TV pretty much up against the wall! Thanks again for the help!

------------------

Peter L.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.