AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a panasonic rp82 from eCost, it was placed on backorder said should arrive out to ship 10th Feb. Just wonder if anyone knows my chances.

·
Registered
864 Posts
FAT CHANCES???

Sorry I am being mean. Welcome to our forum - where people are eager to answer your every question!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The sharper image xp30's were refurb units and not new players. The 82 has been discontinued for some time. It is possible that Ecost might get some refurb 82's, but they won't be getting any new ones.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I bought a "Refurbised" RP-91 from E-Cost, and it was, in reality an "Open Box" item (and said so on the box).

This item arrived in terrible shape, missing both the power cord and manual. It looked like someone literally threw it into the carton.

Failed to output DTS even though the menu showed it doing so.

It is on the way back to E-Cost.

Caveat Emptor!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I called eCOST they said that if it didn"t state refurbished that it was new. That they would be recieving a total of 55 units, and as of yesterday 50 orders were placed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TMelanson
I bought a "Refurbised" RP-91 from E-Cost, and it was, in reality an "Open Box" item (and said so on the box).

This item arrived in terrible shape, missing both the power cord and manual. It looked like someone literally threw it into the carton.

Failed to output DTS even though the menu showed it doing so.

It is on the way back to E-Cost.

Caveat Emptor!
I'm not sure if the problem you had was the same as mine, but one thing about the Panasonic players is that the DTS output defaults to PCM stream. This lead me to believe that my XP30 was defect. If your receiver needs an actual DTS input, you have to change the DTS sound to Bitstream.

You can check out page 28 of the owners manual http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/DVDRP91.PDF

--

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.