AVS Forum banner

Are you discharging MW2 and enlist with BC2?

  • Reporting for duty.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not ready to enlist.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Double agent is the only way to go.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm sticking with MW2.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bring back Contra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you ready to give MW2 its discharge papers? We now will have a choice of online war. Which will you choose? This will be will be fun because COd has been on top since the begining. With the recent reviews in the nines. It will be fun to see how the online numbers drop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
I will still play Spec Ops on occasion but that is about it. I have not touched MW2 multiplayer in quite awhile and have no desire to go back. As far as BFBC2 awaiting for Steam to download and Amazon should be shipping my XBOX 360 copy today. I have not been this excited about a multiplayer game in a long time and picture playing BFBC2 for a long time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,346 Posts
This thread will probably start a flame war, but I am reporting for BFBC 2 Duty. Much more enjoyable game than the other (to me, at least).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser182 /forum/post/18229195


Are you ready to give MW2 its discharge papers? We now will have a choice of online war. Which will you choose? This will be will be fun because COd has been on top since the begining. With the recent reviews in the nines. It will be fun to see how the online numbers drop.

I gave MW2 its discharge papers but it wasn't because of Bad Company 2. But yes I will be playing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,380 Posts
I like MW2 much better than BFBC2. At least, much better than the demo. I prefer the faster pace and the ability to play alone and still have fun.


If any of my friends made the switch, I would too, but none of them are interested in it, so I'll stick with them in MW2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My gripe with the game was the problem with glitches. I think they were very slow sometimes in responding. The other is the lack DLC. There still has not been date announced for the first map pack.

I still like game I just wish they would correct the mistakes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Rage /forum/post/18229465


I like MW2 much better than BFBC2. At least, much better than the demo. I prefer the faster pace and the ability to play alone and still have fun.


If any of my friends made the switch, I would too, but none of them are interested in it, so I'll stick with them in MW2.

So you mean Real Life friends, not forum friends?


I say that cause I know a lot of guys on this forum but I've only actually met a couple of them. Yet I'd rather game with most of them than my Real-Life friends...if you know what I mean
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser182 /forum/post/18229702


My gripe with the game was the problem with glitches. I think they were very slow sometimes in responding. The other is the lack DLC. There still has not been date announced for the first map pack.

I still like game I just wish they would correct the mistakes.

I agree. Even though Bad Company 1 was pretty much my favorite game ever since it came out, they really didn't provide the kind of support it deserved. Not enough new maps and they didn't seem to fix the big glitches like the Arty glitch or the Mortar strike glitch.


They seem to be trying harder this time arouind. Hopefully it'll sell better than the first game and justify the level of support that the game and players deserve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,356 Posts
Not a fan of MW SP or MP, I've always liked BC games. I have it pre-ordered from amazon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
? Did DICE do BC1? The first map pack is day 1 btw....

Battlefield 2 by DICE was the best multiplayer shooter i have ever played. I have faith in them on this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 /forum/post/18229920


So you mean Real Life friends, not forum friends?


I say that cause I know a lot of guys on this forum but I've only actually met a couple of them. Yet I'd rather game with most of them than my Real-Life friends...if you know what I mean

Yeah "real life" friends. It's a way we keep in touch and stuff. A bunch of us play.


Not that I have anything against gaming with the folks here. I may pick this game up too, I'm a little on the fence, but based on the demo, I wasn't really feeling it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Rage /forum/post/18230639


Yeah "real life" friends. It's a way we keep in touch and stuff. A bunch of us play.


Not that I have anything against gaming with the folks here. I may pick this game up too, I'm a little on the fence, but based on the demo, I wasn't really feeling it.

How much did you play the demo? The game takes a little time to get into. It's pretty deep for a FPS and just keeps getting better with time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
947 Posts
voted double agent... need to work on squad based gaming. I'm just used to cod 4 lightening fast paced action and twitch shooting. If you're willing to take time to get me up to speed then I'm game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You have to work being a sniper which I like. You have to get used to the game play. you will like the work they did to it. i was impressed by the demo. I cant wait to see the finished product.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach scrub /forum/post/18231009


voted double agent... need to work on squad based gaming. I'm just used to cod 4 lightening fast paced action and twitch shooting. If you're willing to take time to get me up to speed then I'm game.

The thing is it really won't take much time at all. If you play as a team and play each class to help your squad and team out you will have fun and we will all love you for it. As far as the handling of weapons you are already aware this is not a twitch shooter. Fire in bursts and crouch when needed. You can still get into strafe battles but you MUST aim.

It is safe to say the folks here have as much fun healing, reviving, repairing, taking out objectives or blowing everything up as they do fragging. It is a totally different game than MW2 whereas your K/D means next to nothing if you don't play as a team and if you try and camp, good luck with that
See ya on the battlefield.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
The worst (or best?) part about BFBC2 is that it will pull away the "respectable" players from MW2, leaving the idiots to run the show. It will be worse then ever.
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Top