AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using a 25' component video cable between my receiver and projector. I have 2 component inputs to the receiver (dvd + xbox) and use the receiver to switch them.

The problem I'm having is that the 'Y' male rca connector on my long cable doesn't make a tight fit to the output on the receiver. At random I will lose yellows and blues (everything looks pink and green), and I have to jiggle the cable until it comes back. I am not a happy camper.

I tried running the cable straight to the dvd player instead of the receiver. No problem. Does this necessarily mean the female connector on my receiver is at fault? If it is, is there a way to fix it?

Or, and this is probably a very stupid question, could there be a 'size' mismatch with the rca connectors? I would assume that all rca connectors have to be made to a standard size (in order to qualify for the name), but are they?

I would love to know that I can fix this by replacing the male rca connectors on the cable.

·
Registered
657 Posts
You do not by chance have a denon receiver, do you?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, Integra dtr 6.2. I've just e-mailed my dealer to see how long I'll have to ... [sniff] ... be without it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.