AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not really, but I went to go pick up some projectors and tubes (new P19's!!!!) from a regular surplus supplier, and he threw a 50" RCA plasma into the deal for an extra $100.00.

The catch of course is, it powers up, but has massive burn in one corner, and the menus smear like crazy. To add insult to injury, the 'ECP 4500's that another surplus supplier sent me turned out to be 7 NEC LCD's. I haven't powered those up yet.

If I can get the plasma going, I'll hang it over the fireplace and show customers how plasmas can burn and die.

:)

I'll use the LCD's as the new puppy chew toy.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THE hotter the better. A side of Fava beans works well too.

:)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
They have their place. I have 2 plasma tv's, one in the living room and another in the family room. Neither one has the video quality of a crt projector but they do show up in full light and they also look good with other furniture. Personally, I think plasma tv's will start to sell even better as the prices start coming down even more.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I powered it up. THe bottom 1/2 of the screen shows an image, but everything seems stretched, even though you can only see the bottom 1/2 of hte image. It's like CRT smearing, only from top to bottom.

The top 1/2 of the screen is blank, although it does flash when changing inputs.

THere's a big NBC peacock logo burnt into the lower right side.

POS!

To Fleabay it goes, $100 no reserve!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich
Curt. You should retitle this thread " I defacated on the flat side."

:D :D who says there is no humour on the crt forum ! heee heee good one! :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.