AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an Infocus LP530, it's just over two months only with only around 600 hours on the lamp. Last week we were watching TV on it and all of a sudden the picture went dark, and smoke bellowed out from the projector.. The light on top went from green to flashing orange and it wasn't shutting off automatically so I had to unplug it after about 5 minutes. I phoned up Infocus and they said there was a repair center acrossed the state and how it wasn't a problem because the unit was under warrenty. I shipped the unit the next day in it's origional packaging and I just got a call.

They're telling me that the lamp went and that Infocus won't cover this faulty bulb. With only 600 hours on it this shouldn't be my problem, right? Do Infocus bulbs suck, do they really have no warrenty or quality guarrentee?

I keep this projector in the middle of the room sitting on a desk with nothing around it. It's VERY well ventilated and I only have the brightness at 50% with low energy mode running in the day, which is about half the time I use it. I would think these bulbs should last considerably longer than this, my last projector's problem was that it would tell me to remove the bulb after 2,000 hours and I'd have to remove it and reinsert it to get all of the life out of it. Maybe I should have stuck with Sharp.

Any advice anyone can give would be helpful.

Thanks,

Aaron Mitti

·
Registered
121 Posts
I checked the warranty on my X1 lamp, it's 90 days or 500 hours, whatever is first. I am sure it would be the same for yours. 600 hours in two months huh? That's close to 10 hours a day, average. Have you cleaned the lamp screens? Not sure if it's part of the maintenance on the lp530 but it is on the X1. Having a lamp go bad so early sucks. I've got almost 2000 hours on mine and no problems at all. Try asking infocus if they will replace it, worse they can say is no.

htr

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.