AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the modem fried in my UTV. All it does it click repeatedly when it's plugged into the phone line. After troubleshooting it, I called Ultimate TV customer service. Aside from the fact that the 800 number directed me to call a long distance number to actually speak to tech support, everything went smoothly and they are shipping a replacement unit out immediately.

It's nice when calls to customer service actually go well. On the other hand calling DirecTV is a nightmare. I had a problem getting one of the NFL Sunday Ticket channels on one of my receivers. All the other NFL channels came in fine, and even this channel worked on a different receiver. I was on the phone for over an hour and I must have spoken with 6 different people and never got any resolution of the problem. One girl even tried to sell me their service repair plan as if that would have helped. I am supposed to call back in few days and see if the "High Level" customer service was able to do anything.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After only 2 days, I just received my brand new replacement UTV at no cost. Great customer service!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
hey, great news, nice to hear a good customer support story. can i ask who shipped the replacement UTV? i thought the retailer was supposed to handle returns?

------------------

Paul

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was Thompson Multimedia. And they went out of their way to make sure I was still under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.