AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I don't know if your switch is bad but I did have and replace a bad switch. I would get HD sat channels sporadically. I went to a six way powered Spaun switch which works well. I sure would spend some time checking the connections before I shelled out for a new switch. Art

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I changed from oval to round in the setup of my HD100 last week and when I changed it back I got a message saying that 199 and 509 were not available. I had to look ahead in the guide to make it re-acquire the schedule, and then they both reappeared.

If you have a signal meter in your setup, you could see if you are getting anything on the 119 sat. I was, so I knew it should be showing those channels. If your auto-setup isn't seeing an oval dish, and you changed manually and still don't see them after reacquiring the guide, then it's most likely the multi-switch.

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

[This message has been edited by dmbatch (edited 05-03-2001).]

·
Registered
291 Posts
All was well last week. I went on vacation and poof gone. I already changed out the LNB the switch is the only thing left. I am going to try and move the dish a little and see if this fixes it first. I am getting between 95 and 98 on Sat A so I don't want to move it much.

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
It could be several things in the chain. Dish pointing, the 119 lnb, a bad coax connector (usually one of the "fuzzies" from the braid shorting over on the center conductor), or something as easy as rebooting the STB (unplugging for 5 minutes), or maybe the multi-switch (but I doubt it). A satellite signal meter would make things much easier, as you could trouble shoot starting at one end and find the problem in just a few minutes.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi All,

I think my multiswitch has died. When I do an autoconfig on the dish type on my DST3000 it comes up as round dish. When I manualy change it to a Oval Dish 2 type and it does the guide update I still do not get 509 or 199 (the HD channels). All this worked fine last week. Any thoughts...

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.