Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Amazon.com.

According to the rebate coupons valid at that time of your purchase,

submissions are required to be postmarked by April 16, 2003 and the other rebate is to be postmarked by April 30, 2003. As such, it

appears you may have missed out on this rebate offer.

While Amazon.com supports a wide range of manufacturers' rebates,

these rebates are a transaction between you and the rebate center.

Rebate claims are governed by their rules and regulations.

It is never our intent to be misleading on a rebate offer; that's

why we provide a copy of the coupon on our site for viewing

purposes. Please be aware that the fine print should always be

read before purchasing to verify your order would qualify for any

rebate offer.

Rebates take three different forms: a monetary refund, a special

gift that comes with the purchase of a certain item, or an offer to

buy multiple items and receive an extra for free. In each case,

the rebate will be a transaction between you and the manufacturer,

and it's up to you to claim the rebate after paying the Amazon.com

purchase price. I would suggest you contact the manufacturer and

discuss your situation with them.

I have included the contact information for the rebate offer below.

SonicBlue for ReplyTV
http://www.sonicblue.com

Customer Service: 1-800-480-7149 M-f 8:30-5:30 PST

For Rebates: www.sonicblue.com/rebates

1-888-859-1217

I do wish there was more we could do to assist you, unfortunately,

we are unable to extend the ReplayTV RTV5040 40-Hour Digital Video

Recorder offers.

We will send you an e-mail at the time of shipment. Please contact us again if you do not receive this shipment confirmation by

May 2, 2003.

You can also check the status of your order, including estimated dates of shipment and delivery, by clicking the Your Account link at the top of most pages of our store or by following this link: http://www.amazon.com/your-account

I do hope the manufacturer will be able to resolve this situation.

Please know that we do appreciate your business and thank you for shopping with Amazon.com.

Best regards,

Jason Zook

Amazon.com Customer Service
http://www.amazon.com

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On a side note, it has been possible in the past to claim rebates based on the ship date from places like Amazon. There is a current $50 rebate going on, so anyone who got in on the offer can try to claim that one.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Was this the Amazon deal from a while back that got backordered long

enough to ship past the rebate submission period? So basically based

on submission date you don't qualify for the old rebates, based on

order date you don't qualify for the new rebates, and your only hope

is to try for new rebates based on ship date? Since it hasn't shipped

yet, doesn't it make more sense to cancel and reorder, or has the

price changed as well?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I guess I expected that. Actually I doubted Amazon would ever ship my unit. But alas the web site says it's being readied for shipment.

A 5040 for $129 would have been pretty damn nice.

My opinion of Amazon has dropped quite a bit. Simply put: they lied to me. My customer service email stated that they would honor the rebates.

I picked up a unit at Best Buy this weekend, the instant rebate + the mail in, puts the price at 199.99+tax. Not bad I suppose.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Here are some things to try:

1) Call Amazon and complain.

2) Cancel your order.

3) Refuse shipment

4) Contest charges with credit card

5) File complaint with BBB

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, there's the sneaky way to do it:

Go buy one today from a B&M. Cut off the UPC, mail it in. When you get your Amazon shipment, return the Amazon one to the store under the other one's receipt.

Then you get the Replay for $168, which is still an awesome deal.

But it requires covertness. You will be returning a brand new, unopened unit to the B&M so I don't think its scrupulous. Its just sneaky.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Takes a 'Annoying Wench' to think up that one. My wife would be proud of you :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by heathriel
Well, there's the sneaky way to do it:

Go buy one today from a B&M. Cut off the UPC, mail it in. When you get your Amazon shipment, return the Amazon one to the store under the other one's receipt.

Then you get the Replay for $168, which is still an awesome deal.

But it requires covertness. You will be returning a brand new, unopened unit to the B&M so I don't think its scrupulous. Its just sneaky.
That probably won't work because most stores now record the serial number on electronics items... and isn't the serial number on both the box (packaging) in addition to the unit itself?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought a 5040 and Best Buy a couple weeks ago and the serial number was not on the receipt.

She was suggestiong that you use the unit you buy at the B&M. then when you receive your unit from Amazon you return that unit to the B&M.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
won't work at circuit city...they record serial numbers...it's not on the receipt but if you watch them they usually scan it after they scan the UPC number...CompUSA always scans the serial number...not sure about BB

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I emailed the Amazon customer service rep who promised that they would honor the rebates, and pointed him to Mr. Zook's apparent reversal of that sentiment in his email to the A. Wench.

We'll see what he says.

As for the covert ops. I'd rather not risk BB's (is that Best Buy or Big Brother?) wrath if they discover my deception for a 20 dollar savings. Good nights sleep is wortha saw note to me.

My Amazon Price (sans rebate) = 228. Thats 178, the after the MIR. Not the 168 quoted above.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yeah, bad math by me, I thought it was $219 before rebate.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by heathriel
Oh yeah, bad math by me, I thought it was $219 before rebate.

Hmmmm ... strange ...

When did you ordered the units from Amazon? Should be about the same time as me, because I even used yours $10 off promotion code.

I ordered my 5040 from Amazon on March 14 for $228-$10=$218. At that moment it was out of stock. The delivery estimates were April 24 - May 9. However I got it long time ago and sent in rebates. According to SB site they got my rebates and all looks fine and in 3-4 weeks I am suppose to get $100 worth of rebates. Friend of mine is in the same situation, we ordered at the same time and he also got his long time ago.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's what I thought, I didn't look it up this morning; I knew it was one or the other or both. I just couldn't remember.

So yeah, either $178 or $168 depending on if you used the coupon.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Baraka

I ordered my 5040 from Amazon on March 14 for $228-$10=$218. At that moment it was out of stock. The delivery estimates were April 24 - May 9. However I got it long time ago and sent in rebates. According to SB site they got my rebates and all looks fine and in 3-4 weeks I am suppose to get $100 worth of rebates. Friend of mine is in the same situation, we ordered at the same time and he also got his long time ago.
Well thats a nice how-do-you-do. I ordered mine March 10th, and at that time Amazon was stating 'In Stock Soon' nice & vague. So while I have yet to receive mine, people ordering later, have theirs. Nice job Amazon.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Slack
Well thats a nice how-do-you-do. I ordered mine March 10th, and at that time Amazon was stating 'In Stock Soon' nice & vague. So while I have yet to receive mine, people ordering later, have theirs. Nice job Amazon.
That's why I was very surprised myself reading about all this problems.

Just looked it up on my amazon account page. It was ordered March 14 and shipped March 20 th. Friend of mine who ordered at the same time as me got it two days later.

Sorry ...

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
My experience with Amazon in the past is you get assigned to a particular

warehouse when your order is approved. Once you are assigned, it

doesn't matter if other warehouses get the product, you need to wait

until your assigned warehouse gets the product.

The only way around this is to call in to CSR and have them reassign you

to different warehouse. Whenever I order a soon to be in stock item

I check the website frequently and if the status changes to ship 24 hours

or something more definite than "in stock soon", I call in and have them

reassign me to the appropriate warehouse.

They may have changed the way things work, but that is my past

experience.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It had to do with availablility and shipping selection.

I ordered March 10, 2003 at 07:4X PM PST and I mine said ....

Not Yet Shipped: 1 item - delivery estimate: April 18 - May 5 ...

Posted on another forum.

Took Lizardboy's advice and called Amazon to inquire about the shipping delay. The CSR was very nice and said the item was available for shipping, but the method "supersaver" which traditionally can delay a package 3-5 days, has delayed the order. He changed the shipping method to standard ... and it shipped the same day

I got it in plenty of time for the rebates $118.00. BUT after all the turmoil and speculation on who the new owners might be and what they might keep in terms of features, and all the bugs reported ... I sent it back and will stick with what I have for a while.

Although Amazon has great service in my experience they stay clear of rebate issues.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.