AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been checking out computer system for the last few days at Best Buy, and not one BB in Colorado is getting any Fox releases tomorrow. None of them are even on order. While I can't say this for anyone else, but don't be surprised if your local BB doesn't get them in either.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
The Best buys in Colorado are beyond inept when it comes to getting anything for Hd-DVD or BB, who ever is in charge at the stores here in colorado springs needs to get replaced in a hurry IMO. They still don't have stuff like 16 Candles, All the kings Men, Rocky, etc out there yet, this is a true shame here.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not sure whats up but noone in North East PA has Resident Evil Apocalypse. I ended up ordering it online. Its been around a week since its release and they dont even know if they are going to get it in at all (wtf).

·
Registered
452 Posts
Best Buy only seems to be carrying recent movies on HDDVD/Blu Ray lately. A lot of older films (even if just a few years old) arent being carried.

You can also check the website -- if it lists "Store Availability" as not available on preorder items, they wont be carrying them in store. If it has "Coming Soon" then they'll be available in most stores on the release.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Not only is it Fox titles but all the Disney ones as well excluding "The Guardian". This is ridiculous. They're also not stocking Black Rain from Paramount on either format. They're losing ALOT of sales from me to Amazon. Oh well, money saved for me since they're prices are not competitive anyway. Heck, even they're online store is crap. They charge taxes and shipping!! Got Chicago Monday from Amazon and Hitchhikers Guide, Black Rain, Alien vs Predator, & Casanova are on their way. Looks like I will be picking up The Guardian at BB since I got $35 in Reward Zone certificates that need to be used soon.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbryant /forum/post/0

Not only is it Fox titles but all the Disney ones as well excluding "The Guardian". This is ridiculous. They're also not stocking Black Rain from Paramount on either format. They're losing ALOT of sales from me to Amazon. Oh well, money saved for me since they're prices are not competitive anyway. Heck, even they're online store is crap. They charge taxes and shipping!! Got Chicago Monday from Amazon and Hitchhikers Guide, Black Rain, Alien vs Predator, & Casanova are on their way. Looks like I will be picking up The Guardian at BB since I got $35 in Reward Zone certificates that need to be used soon.

You know what, you are right. We didn't have anything from Disney except Guardian.

Oh, here is something weird, which I gotta do today. Someone put Flyboys on the shelf yesterday, but they doesn't come out until next week. WTF? Sometimes I want to smack Inventory and Corporate.

Thankfully they do not say No Location Avaiable in the record of this week's titles though, as it means we should be getting them soon, just that they aren't here.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm not sure why anyone continues to go to Best Buy for anything HD DVD or BluRay. I quit going months ago because of their high prices and lack of content. Jeez even WalMart spanks them on price and what they have for new titles.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by methos75 /forum/post/0

The Best buys in Colorado are beyond inept when it comes to getting anything for Hd-DVD or BB, who ever is in charge at the stores here in colorado springs needs to get replaced in a hurry IMO. They still don't have stuff like 16 Candles, All the kings Men, Rocky, etc out there yet, this is a true shame here.

Methos,

I have been in cimmunication with the GM from the Powers and the Academy stores and explained how we need to have the titles not only available, but put out early on Tuesdays. He claims he will put more focus on that.

~Josh

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by plazman /forum/post/0

I believe this has more to do with studios giving preference to Amazon over B&M stores like BB. Warner has been doing this with HD DVD where many Best Buy stores get them sometimes week late...

Two words: Employee Discount.

Second, not everyone likes buying online. I personally prefer to physically see and touch the product I'm buying. I am very picky about marks and indentations on my cases or bent corners on slip cases, etc.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I just went to my local best buy and they had all the new releases for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD today
. I almost picked up AVP, but Gawd that $35 price tag is just a bit too much. I'm not picking this up unless I hear that this is a remarkable transfer.

·
Registered
680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inca /forum/post/0

I just went to my local best buy and they had all the new releases for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD today
. I almost picked up AVP, but Gawd that $35 price tag is just a bit too much. I'm not picking this up unless I hear that this is a remarkable transfer.

That is when Amazon becomes your best friend. $27.95 plus an extra 10% off and if you are a Prime customer free two day shipping.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain /forum/post/0

I've been checking out computer system for the last few days at Best Buy, and not one BB in Colorado is getting any Fox releases tomorrow. None of them are even on order. While I can't say this for anyone else, but don't be surprised if your local BB doesn't get them in either.

Relax man, they have it at mine. The morons in the back probably didn't unpack them yet.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inca /forum/post/0

Just do a pricematch with Target (Amazon) and get it for much less.

~Josh

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGOSIAN /forum/post/0

Relax man, they have it at mine. The morons in the back probably didn't unpack them yet.

No, becuase everything we got yesterday was unpacked. I have to work in an hour, so hopefully AvP will be there when I get there.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.