AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a marantz sr7001 receiver that is acting up. Once in awhile when on standby the power goes out and if I unplug it wiggle the power cord and plug back in it will power back on. Does that mean I have a bad power cord or something else. Once on everything works fine. Also it started to happen when moved it to a smaller spaced entertainment center. Im thinking the cord got bent being in a tighter space. Tia

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMusic  /t/1521131/bad-power-cord#post_24443148

Hi I have a marantz sr7001 receiver that is acting up. Once in awhile when on standby the power goes out and if I unplug it wiggle the power cord and plug back in it will power back on. Does that mean I have a bad power cord or something else. Once on everything works fine. Also it started to happen when moved it to a smaller spaced entertainment center. Im thinking the cord got bent being in a tighter space. Tia

According to the user manual for the sr77001 at http://us.marantz.com/DocumentMaster/US/DFU_SR7001_SR8001_final_eng.pdf the back panel drawing of the sr7001 looks like this:

I see a female connector for an IEC power cable that lacks a grounding pin. AFAIK that means that a regular IEC power cable (for example found on PC's, business machines and some home appliances including heating pots) can be used. Finding a replacement locally should be reasonably inexpensive and easy. Therefore the logical troubleshooting technique is to obtain a replacement cord and see what happens.

I have built and repaired PCs literally by the thousands and occasionally the problem is the power cord, but unfortunately less frequently its the female jack on the piece of equipment.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Best Buy generally has a tub of power cords in the customer service area. I'm sure you could negotiate a cheap price for one there. I hope the cord fixes your issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts