AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a refurb 5040 when the offer first came out and after playing around with it briefly, put it in the closet until streaming with my 40XX boxes was available.

Now that the trade-in program is available, I finally pulled it out of the closet and dusted it off. I plugged it in and everything was fine for a few days until I noticed one morning that it wasn't on. No blue LED, no hard drive hum, no video output and no response from the power button. I unplugged it and plugged it in 15 minutes later and it was working fine again. Several days later, the same thing happened. This time it took two days of being unplugged before it came back on, but it only stayed on for a couple of minutes before I heard the hard drive spin down and the blue LED went off.

So now I have a 5040 that's a few weeks out of warranty that's pretty useless. Assuming it's the power supply, does anyone know where I can get a replacement one? It seems like it's a 5 minute fix.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Yes, I was able to procure two power supplies for the 5000 series. Email me for details.

First make sure the unit cooling fan is spinning. The power supply must be cooled to function properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.