Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

since 2 weeks or more, I trie to get a good picture with the cineplayer 4.0.

Every time, the intro of the movies looks very very good.But when the movie beginns, the picture looks grainy und blocky and a lots of artifakt!!

I run the cineplayer with my Radeon DDR and the new 6.13.3281 Beta-Driver, but I had the same Problem with the 3276 too.

In the Information Tab from the player, it shows me DXVA IDCT, but I'm not sure that DXVA really runs.

Sure, I have enable "ForceWeave" and "useDXVA" in the cinemaster registry.

I can't find an another settings in the Registry, where I can enable DXVA.(but I know there must be one)

I don't know this problem is DXVA.But enable or not, there is no difference in PQ.

Is there somebody with the same problem?

What can I do?

Where is the Problem, the ATI-Driver,the player or some settings in the registry....?

Please let me know !!

Regards

Richard

This is really a great Forum :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please help !!

Regards

Richard

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need your help !!

Richard

·
Registered
398 Posts
You can disable Cineplayer DVD 4.0''s use of DXVA by going into the Settings->Video menu and checking "Force Software Decoding Only" and then clicking "OK"

Cinplayer will now use it's own internal software rendering to plain YUV overlays.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CinemVidGuy
You can disable Cineplayer DVD 4.0''s use of DXVA by going into the Settings->Video menu and checking "Force Software Decoding Only" and then clicking "OK"

Cinplayer will now use it's own internal software rendering to plain YUV overlays.
Ok, but surely it must be possible to use the hardware iDCT provided by the Radeon card ?

Since I'm stuck with the same problem, I'm really thinking about returning the Cineplayer. It cost me $50 which is quite a lot for a piece of software that is suppose to be excellent, but doesn't function the way you would like it to.

Regards,

Tbusquet

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
I would assume that both of you have AVIA and have gone through the complete video setup, including levels and gamma, Right???

If you haven't, you need to, because the Cineplayer is one of the best looking DVD players on the market today.

However, the ATI card requires the overlay to be properly adjusted to show that quality.

Search is your friend... AVIA, gamma, overlay....

Vern Dias

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.