AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having trouble getting blue colors right running from a radeon 7500 vga to rgbhv on my pg6 and thought it may be a tube problem or video board problem. I read a post suggesting trying the s-video out to the pg6 which solved the color problem perfectly but the resolution was much better with the rgb. Could it be a bad cable? I have a 6 foot vga-rgbhv that i needed to add another 9 foot vga extension to reach the pc. As I am typing this I can't help but think this must be the problem but I would like to get some input before I buy a new cable. I got a used pg6 about 1 year ago with no burn on any tubes and would like to preserve its capabilities. Thank you for all of your help.

carlton foster

·
Registered
784 Posts
Carlton,

Certainly upgrading your cable would be a good investment. Most of the VGA to BNC breakout cables are not true 75 video cables. The extender cable and it's additional connector set aren't helping either.

You can buy an inexpensive but good quality 15' breakout cable from www.markertek.com Many people on this forum swear by www.bettercables.com

But I can't tell from your post if the cable is the issue. Could be in your HTPC video card, or in the RGBHV input circuirty on your PJ.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.