AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My original setup was a rooftop antenna hooked to an RF amp. I also had a Sat receiver modulated. I combined those 2 signals with a splitter and ran that into a 6-way splitter and out to my TVs. The picture was great on all TVs.

Now I got rid of the splitters, amp, and modulator and am I'm running everything just through the 3025. When I do it this way, I get a bad signal on both the antenna channels and the modulated channel. Even if I don't hook up the modulated channel, I still get a bad signal on the antenna channels.

Why would this happen if I got a great signal when it was hooked up the original way? I even tried hooking up the amp between the antenna and the 3025, but it didn't help. Is it possible the 3025 is amplifying the signal too much and I need to attenuate? I'm not using the IR feature yet, so I tried a DC block and that didn't help. I wouldn't think I'd need a low pass filter since the signals were fine before I ran them through the 3025. Could it just be a bad 3025 unit?

Any help figuring this one out would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I used to have a 3025 and if I remember correctly there are some cable run distance limits on all of the coax outputs. I believe the ones that are labeled "local tv" and "local vcr" have a limit of 50 feet, and the others have a 150' limit.

If you are within those limits, it is possible that you have a bad 3025. To tell you the truth, I never got the quality signal I wanted out of that 3025 and I switched to a Channel Plus 8200 BID and Channel Plus 5545 combination and I am much happier with the results. This is a bit more expensive solution, but you can find deals on eBay if you look. I can modulate 4 channels and the 8200 has 8 outputs. The 5545 also gives you 4 IR ports for controlling equipment (you can also use the same targets you used with the 3025).

Good luck with whatever you decide!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I'm within the distance limits of the 3025, so I'm really thinking I either have a bad unit, or I'm just expecting too much out of a product that I paid $120 for.

I'm not ready to spend that much cash on the option you suggested, although I'm sure the quality would be much better.

I think I'll try replacing it with a new unit and see if I get better results.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.