AVS Forum banner

341 - 360 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
30,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 ·
I have replaced my fabric with Screen Acoustics V6 fabric. Install went very well. Surface looks perfect and was easy to do, even on my curved screen.

·
Registered
30,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
I changed out some of my amps. Now running all of my speakers (not subs) using six Crown XLS-1002 amps. I like these little amps. Quiet, but plenty of power for my 4 ohm speakers and I have to put my ear to the tweeters to hear any hiss.

·
Registered
30,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #345 ·
Some current room pics.
First picture is completed front of room, showing curved masking screen.
Second picture shows lower portion of LCR's.
Third picture shows baffle wall behind the screen.
Fourth pic shows RS4500 with A-lens.
Fifth pic shows RS640 with A-lens.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,675 Posts
Mike can you do a recap on the audio side of your system.
What amps are powering tpl-150 cd’s? You said your using six crown amps for the AE speakers do you have a 10/10 Mini DSP for your lcr. Please explain the current setup I would love to have something like this in my room. Active or passive?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Some current room pics.
@Mike Garret Awesome baffle wall build! What are you using for side/rear surrounds and Atmos that timbre matches (and keeps up!) with the front LCR? I'm not sure I can swing using TPL150's for the other 14 or so speakers that surrounds/atmos would require if I went for a similar LCR build (TPL150H, 2x TD10M, 1x TD15_).

·
Registered
30,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #348 ·
Mike can you do a recap on the audio side of your system.
What amps are powering tpl-150 cd’s? You said your using six crown amps for the AE speakers do you have a 10/10 Mini DSP for your lcr. Please explain the current setup I would love to have something like this in my room. Active or passive?
I now have eight Crown amps for all speakers and three Behringer amps for subs. The front three speakers are 3-way active. All surrounds and atmos are passive. I have a couple MiniDSP 10x10HD's for crossovers and DSP for subs.

·
Registered
30,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #349 · (Edited)
@Mike Garret Awesome baffle wall build! What are you using for side/rear surrounds and Atmos that timbre matches (and keeps up!) with the front LCR? I'm not sure I can swing using TPL150's for the other 14 or so speakers that surrounds/atmos would require if I went for a similar LCR build (TPL150H, 2x TD10M, 1x TD15_).
I was using JBL 8340's for side surrounds and atmos. But the JBL 8340's are so big, they can't be aimed at the main seat for atmos, so I replaced them with Volt-8's I still have the 8340's for side surround, but not for much longer. I am going to switch them out with sealed Volt-10's. The smaller volt-10's will fit in much better than the 19"W x 21.5"H x 12"D 8340's. Pictures of current room state. The black velvet make the black walls and black sound panels on the ceiling look gray.

Attachments

·
Registered
30,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #350 · (Edited)
Recent changes.

Now using two DBX PA2's for active crossovers for my 3-way LCR's
Replaced my side surrounds (JBL 8340's) with Volt-10's.
Added Crown amp and two sealed Volt-10 speakers for rear surrounds. Takes the system to a 11.1.4

DBX PA2's are on the network, so I no longer have to take laptop to the mechanical room to make any changes. Also the BDX PA2's use XLR, rather than phoenix connectors. The Volt-10's are much small boxes and fit in my space better.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Awesome set up Mike! How far apart are your Atmos speakers from each other - front to back and side to side?

·
Registered
30,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 ·
Awesome set up Mike! How far apart are your Atmos speakers from each other - front to back and side to side?
The front row is about 4' in front of my ears and the back row is about 3' behind my ears. The front atmos speakers are 81" apart center to center and the back row is the same 81" apart.

·
Registered
30,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·
Hey Mike, so you got rid of your curved screen?
Not exactly. :) The masking has been taken apart and put in storage. The curved screen itself is sitting in my hallway, ready to go to storage. But yes, I have replaced my curved screen, since I use a DCR lens, rather than the horizontal expansion lens I was using. This has been in the works for quite a while. I ordered the new screen early March, but due to Covid delays, did not get the screen until September.

Have not decided if I am going to sell the old screen or save it for one of my kids. Heck, I have enough stuff lying around to build an HT for one of them. Projector, screen, masking system, A-lens, AVR, speakers and subs.

·
Premium Member
3,134 Posts
New screen installed. Had to lower my upper curtain. With new flat screen in place, very clean look up front. View attachment 3042226
:unsure:

Not exactly. :) The masking has been taken apart and put in storage. The curved screen itself is sitting in my hallway, ready to go to storage. But yes, I have replaced my curved screen, since I use a DCR lens, rather than the horizontal expansion lens I was using. This has been in the works for quite a while. I ordered the new screen early March, but due to Covid delays, did not get the screen until September.

Have not decided if I am going to sell the old screen or save it for one of my kids. Heck, I have enough stuff lying around to build an HT for one of them. Projector, screen, masking system, A-lens, AVR, speakers and subs.
Mike,

You probably did say and I missed it even though I did look.
What is the size of the New screen :unsure:

Looks nice in the picture. (y)

Terry

·
Registered
30,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
:unsure:

Mike,

You probably did say and I missed it even though I did look.
What is the size of the New screen :unsure:

Looks nice in the picture. (y)

Terry
120" diagonal 2.37 aspect ratio, power masking with stops at 2.0, 1.85 and 1.78. Can use remote to stop at any aspect ratio, but not automatically.

·
Premium Member
3,134 Posts
120" diagonal 2.37 aspect ratio, power masking with stops at 2.0, 1.85 and 1.78. Can use remote to stop at any aspect ratio, but not automatically.
So it's a Scope Screen I see 2.37 aspect ratio and then you do the masking as necessary. ✅

Nice addition ...............

Terry

341 - 360 of 364 Posts