AVS Forum banner

361 - 364 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
30,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
Was thinking about redoing my sub system, but decided to increase the wattage to some of my subs. I was underpowering my 18" REXXX and my 18" Maelstrom-X sub. Bought a Crest Pro9200. Will run it bridged to the REXXX and will put the Maelstrom-X on a NU6000 by itself. Will be a huge increase in wattage to the REXXX and doubling the wattage to the Maelstrom. Have changed out one of my 20 amp circuits to a 30 amp circuit. Several of the 20 amp circuits were already wired using 10-2 with ground, so simple matter of changing breaker and installing NEMA L5-30R receptacle. Have a 30 amp relay switch to build, so that new circuit can be powered on by my Furman sequencer.

·
Registered
30,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #362 ·
Replaced my old Marantz AV7703 with an Audio Control Maestro X7. So back to having Dirac in my room. First two Dirac runs I was not happy with, but first one was my fault. I did not have one of my 13 amps turned on. Happy with the sound in my room now. I mainly wanted Dirac Live Bass Control for all my subs. Sounds very good now, but Dirac still needs to fix a bug is DLBC. Supposed to have new firmware out anytime now.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I think what you meant to say was "First two runs were still better than audyssey but I was still not happy with them."

What's the bug still affecting with DLBC? The gain levels?
It manipulates phase inconsistently prior to summing for bass mgmt, resulting in cancellation when bass is present in multiple channels (except for LR, which is kept consistent.) This definitely comes up when using wide synth. Unclear how often aside from that. They are working on adding additional modes with different tradeoffs.

Until they do (real soon now), the options are:
1) Live with it as is. Many are happy with it.
2) Split a single sub channel and disable DLBC.
3) 2, plus use a MiniDSP and MSO.

361 - 364 of 364 Posts