AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can really use some simple help. For some reason I'm over complicating it and just can't seem to understand the math.

I need to purchase some fabric for my baffle wall.

• Approximate wall dimensions 20'w x 12'h.
  • The fabric comes 120" H (10'2")
  • I only wan't 1 seam across the wall at the 10' mark
So... I would essentially need a 40'w roll of 10'h fabric. There would be a lot of waste (8' x 20') because of the smaller 2' upper section but I'm okay with that.

I should really just call them but it would be nice to understand it.

Thank you!

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Multimedia

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Slope

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your calculation is correct, but add a little for wrapping so order 14 yards. In my experience seams in black material vanish. Your one seam requirement is what is costing you. I would not order until you've looked at a sample of the fabric.
Thanks Big.

I’m not concerned about the waste/expense. In the grand scheme of the entire build this is a palatable cost.

The fabric was recommended by the engineer. I get the impression your not crazy about it. Is there something else you would recommend? Thank you for the calculation, I am ordering a sample today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
I can really use some simple help. For some reason I'm over complicating it and just can't seem to understand the math.

I need to purchase some fabric for my baffle wall.

• Approximate wall dimensions 20'w x 12'h.
  • The fabric comes 120" H (10'2")
  • I only wan't 1 seam across the wall at the 10' mark
So... I would essentially need a 40'w roll of 10'h fabric. There would be a lot of waste (8' x 20') because of the smaller 2' upper section but I'm okay with that.

I should really just call them but it would be nice to understand it.

Thank you!

View attachment 3178649

View attachment 3178647
Wow, what a screen! Out of curiosity, what lumen monster are you using for your projector?

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,989 Posts
The fabric was recommended by the engineer. I get the impression your not crazy about it. Is there something else you would recommend? Thank you for the calculation, I am ordering a sample today.
Just that I haven't ever seen that particular fabric used for a screen wall or really anything before. I am familiar with Rose brand. The fabric sounds like a smooth finish spandex like material. Not my personal style. But the fabrics I would use for a screen wall don't come 10 ft wide. This is GOM it is only 66 inches wide

Property Stage is empty Building Textile Interior design
Movie theater Hall Building Entertainment Musical instrument accessory

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, what a screen! Out of curiosity, what lumen monster are you using for your projector?
The 120 x 240 is the entire wall. Not the screen. That would be a monster?

My screen is 150” wide.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just that I haven't ever seen that particular fabric used for a screen wall or really anything before. I am familiar with Rose brand. The fabric sounds like a smooth finish spandex like material. Not my personal style. But the fabrics I would use for a screen wall don't come 10 ft wide. This is GOM it is only 66 inches wide

View attachment 3179646 View attachment 3179647
I’m going to order a sample.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts