AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking for some recommendations on 5 balanced cables. Name brand, price, and perhaps places to purchase them. (if permitted)

Looking for a good value.

Will be hooking a Integra DTC 9.8 to an RDA 7.1. Run will probably be about 12 feet.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so far guys. Any opinions regarding quality when comparing brands?

And are microphone cables honestly the same thing?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodshed /forum/post/13021014

Thanks so far guys. Any opinions regarding quality when comparing brands?

I'm not sure what you mean by "same thing" but they certainly work as well as any other cables, sound very good, and are cheaper. Quality of mic cables can be very high.

Ed

·
Registered
156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodshed /forum/post/13012816

Hello,

I am looking for some recommendations on 5 balanced cables. Name brand, price, and perhaps places to purchase them. (if permitted)

Looking for a good value.

Will be hooking a Integra DTC 9.8 to an RDA 7.1. Run will probably be about 12 feet.

Thanks in advance.

assuming you are looking for xlr->xlr, www.zzsounds.com or www.sweetwater.com are a couple of reasonably priced online shops. I have purchased a lot of equipment from both (i.e. recommended).

Your best bet is to limit the length to 10 ft (3 meters) but if you cannot the next 'normal' size is 15 ft (5 meters). Also, you need to figure out if it is male-male, female-female, or male-female...

good luck!

·
Banned
20,735 Posts

Quote:

They're line level cables, usually well shielded, with XLRs on both ends. That's what you are attempting to purchase, right?

Cables are cables. Well built, well-terminated, and well shielded cables are what you want, and they shouldn't cost you much.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Microphone cables work well.. The nature of XLR

·
Registered
30,709 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke /forum/post/13021303

Also, you need to figure out if it is male-male, female-female, or male-female...

Generally, one needs a standard male-female to connect a preamp out to an amp in. That's the beauty of XLRs.

·
Banned
1,803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekb /forum/post/13015374

Microphone cables from any musical instrument store.

Ed

The best value for quality built, outstanding cables, at incredible prices, around. I totally agree.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Add www.markertek.com to the list of suppliers to the live sound, recording and broadcasting markets. Microphone cable has the added requirements of being flexible and robust enough to take the beating the comes with the day to day use of mics.

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke /forum/post/13021303

assuming you are looking for xlr->xlr, www.zzsounds.com or www.sweetwater.com are a couple of reasonably priced online shops. I have purchased a lot of equipment from both (i.e. recommended).

Your best bet is to limit the length to 10 ft (3 meters) but if you cannot the next 'normal' size is 15 ft (5 meters). Also, you need to figure out if it is male-male, female-female, or male-female...

good luck!

Those two and www.musiciansfriend.com is where a musician friend gets all of his supplies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts