AVS Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Once when the coronavirus is over, i am game.

Femi
Hi Femi, I wanted to send you a private message, but I am too new here I guess to send one. I am very interested in your opinions since you happen to have both the Cap 4000 and the devastator. I promise I don't want to take away from this awesome thread, but I am so curious on your impressions of both setups especially since it sounds like you listen to them seperately. Do the devastators give the same tactile response as the Cap 4000? Also is the devastator just as good in sound quality compared to the devastator? I know most devastator aren't tuned nearly as low so I didn't know if that took away any tactile response. Thanks in advance for any info you can tell me.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Reactions: Jk7.2

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hi Femi, I wanted to send you a private message, but I am too new here I guess to send one. I am very interested in your opinions since you happen to have both the Cap 4000 and the devastator. I promise I don't want to take away from this awesome thread, but I am so curious on your impressions of both setups especially since it sounds like you listen to them seperately. Do the devastators give the same tactile response as the Cap 4000? Also is the devastator just as good in sound quality compared to the devastator? I know most devastator aren't tuned nearly as low so I didn't know if that took away any tactile response. Thanks in advance for any info you can tell me.
Hi steve1616, the Cap 4000 has way more tactile response than the devastator. In my room the Cap 4000 are down to 7hz. The Cap 4000's has gobs of intense bass that is pretty awesome coming out of a them, what make them even better is when you BEQ for movies with the miniDSP 2x4HD. It turns the cap 4000's to a fun awesome ride for movies :eek::D

The devastator is awesome too. Where it shine is the midbass. For music is where i really like the devastator. Don't get me wrong the cap 4000 sound just as good for music as well, there are days when i think the devastator sound a little hair better in music and then there are days when i think the cap 4000 sound just as good as the devastator. Maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me, i just don't know.

In my room the devastator are down to around 16hz. I was surprise i was getting some tactile with it. The devastator are also intense too. Where i notices the different is the cap 4000 has more weight to it in the sound department and i like that sound. Maybe i found the devastator too clean. I don't know yet. If i didn't have the cap 4000's will i be happy with just the devastator? 100% yes.

The last couple of days out of curiosity I have been playing the cap 4000's with devastator at nearfield and two 12” JBL BOSS. And they sound good so far. I'm still adjusting here and there but loving what i'm hearing :D

Femi

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi steve1616, the Cap 4000 has way more tactile response than the devastator. In my room the Cap 4000 are down to 7hz. The Cap 4000's has gobs of intense bass that is pretty awesome coming out of a them, what make them even better is when you BEQ for movies with the miniDSP 2x4HD. It turns the cap 4000's to a fun awesome ride for movies :eek::D

The devastator is awesome too. Where it shine is the midbass. For music is where i really like the devastator. Don't get me wrong the cap 4000 sound just as good for music as well, there are days when i think the devastator sound a little hair better in music and then there are days when i think the cap 4000 sound just as good as the devastator. Maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me, i just don't know.

In my room the devastator are down to around 16hz. I was surprise i was getting some tactile with it. The devastator are also intense too. Where i notices the different is the cap 4000 has more weight to it in the sound department and i like that sound. Maybe i found the devastator too clean. I don't know yet. If i didn't have the cap 4000's will i be happy with just the devastator? 100% yes.

The last couple of days out of curiosity I have been playing the cap 4000's with devastator at nearfield and two 12” JBL BOSS. And they sound good so far. I'm still adjusting here and there but loving what i'm hearing :D

Femi
How would you compare the tactile response between the BOSS and the Devastators? Does the BOSS provide any chest slam or is it just a vibrating sensation?

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Femi!!!!!

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Can't wait to hear the CAP4000:)

Reactions: femi

·
Registered
276 Posts
Now that right there is one hella C-clamp......:eek: Nice job on the build!

Reactions: johnson636 and femi

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
How would you compare the tactile response between the BOSS and the Devastators? Does the BOSS provide any chest slam or is it just a vibrating sensation?
The tactile response from the BOSS is amazing, it is another level of shake/wobbles and it's feel very natural. Right now i'm Running with 40hz lpf and it feel awesome. i try running it with no lpf and i do get more midbass but i also get that annoying buzz vibrations.

The devastators has some tactile response but there is no compare between it and the BOSS. The BOSS is just better at tactile response and it feel so right.

Femi

Reactions: tarponater

·
Registered
3,672 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
The tactile response from the BOSS is amazing, it is another level of shake/wobbles and it's feel very natural. Right now i'm Running with 40hz lpf and it feel awesome. i try running it with no lpf and i do get more midbass but i also get that annoying buzz vibrations.

The devastators has some tactile response but there is no compare between it and the BOSS. The BOSS is just better at tactile response and it feel so right.

Femi

Damn:mad:, I thought I was out front getting the Dev's far as midbass...What is that BOSS thing you guys referring to?

·
Registered
820 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

·
Registered
48 Posts

Femi
Thanks for this information. I would have thought your cap 4000s offered a lot more tactile response. I think the tactile response is what I am after. I currently have a PB13Ultra SVS sub and if you are sitting in the chair closest to it you will feel some good vibration and it is a cool feeling. I am after a lot more of that same feeling. I was assuming that the pressurizing of the room was causing the sensation along with sub placement close to one of the seats. My original plans were to buy a second PB4000 which is the same as my sub or build a devastator. I thought that might really up the cool feeling. After looking at your comments though I think the BOSS system may be my complete answer. Do you think I am correct in that assumption? Thanks so much for all your help. You happen to have every setup that I am interested in.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thanks for this information. I would have thought your cap 4000s offered a lot more tactile response. I think the tactile response is what I am after. I currently have a PB13Ultra SVS sub and if you are sitting in the chair closest to it you will feel some good vibration and it is a cool feeling. I am after a lot more of that same feeling. I was assuming that the pressurizing of the room was causing the sensation along with sub placement close to one of the seats. My original plans were to buy a second PB4000 which is the same as my sub or build a devastator. I thought that might really up the cool feeling. After looking at your comments though I think the BOSS system may be my complete answer. Do you think I am correct in that assumption? Thanks so much for all your help. You happen to have every setup that I am interested in.
My comments where comparing tactile response between the BOSS and Devastators. What i love and also scary me(in a good way) about the tactile response that i get from the cap 4000 are the 4000ULF TR are so powerful they literately will shake my whole theater room and 2nd story floor of our home. I'm fearful for the structure of our house when playing with the cap 4000 at moderate MV. The BOSS will provide you with violent TR on the platform/seat you have them on, so you don't have to worry about the structure of you home.

I absolutely love my 4000ULF. Just to play it safe i increase the gain on BOSS for the integrity of my house. Now on concrete i think the BOSS will provide you with more TR than the 4000ULF, but i don't know that for sure.

Femi

·
Registered
373 Posts
Femi

I currently have a Cap 4000 and very old SVS PB12 Ultra/2 which is finally on its way out. I want to keep a second sub to handle room modes and add more mid-bass. I was looking at possibly putting in a Devastator to replace it but people were saying they wouldn't work out well together.

Have you continued to use the Cap 4000 and Dev together since this time? If you don't mind how is the sound when you use both?

Thanks much

41 - 56 of 56 Posts