AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey is anyone in the Dale City/Woodbridge area able to get any of the Baltimore DT stations?I currently have a Winegard yagi and am only able to get the Baltimore CBS on extremely clear nights.I want to get the ABC station mostly cuz the Washington affiliate(you know who you are)SUCKS and doesnt pass the HD signal.Also sometimes the Washington guys fall asleep at the wheel and don't flip the switch(which I find most annoying)and another alternative would be great.Any help would be appreciated.

[This message has been edited by denhdtv (edited 08-15-2001).]

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm getting a reliable signal from WMAR-DT in Great Falls using a Silver Sensor set-top antenna. Although I may be a few miles closer than you are in Dale City, I'm stuck in the bottom of a hill with an awful lot of trees around. I would think that you could get it with a good roof mounted antenna.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have the yagi on the roof and still no WMAR =(.I have ALOT of trees so I am thinking it is a multipath problem.Hey also have you lost signal strength for WRC?Mines gone way down to like 25 ever since the storms last weekend.Someone at the station told me they were working on the tower but he didnt even know they have been broadcasting DT previously!Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I haven't checked WRC-DT since the weekend. To view it, I have to reorient my antenna from the position that gets me WUSA and WMAR. WRC's programming rarely, if ever, compels me to do so.

By the way, trees do make a difference! On Friday, just before the storms, I had about 20 trees taken down in my front and back yards (don't fret, they were all diseased, dead or dying and will be replaced). That evening, viola, multipath gone!! I used to watch my DTC-100's signal strength meter roller-coaster between 20 and 80 on WUSA-DT. Now it sits right at 60.

Quote:
Originally posted by denhdtv:
I do have the yagi on the roof and still no WMAR =(.I have ALOT of trees so I am thinking it is a multipath problem.Hey also have you lost signal strength for WRC?Mines gone way down to like 25 ever since the storms last weekend.Someone at the station told me they were working on the tower but he didnt even know they have been broadcasting DT previously!Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello,

I -- so far -- have used a silver sensor. But the signal is so flaky, bobbing up down between 5 and 80+ on my Hipix signal strength meter.

Is that symptomatic of multipath. Unfortunately, I live in a condo complex and putting an antenna on the roof would probably be out of the question. Besides I live at the bottom of a hill with a small woods between me and the tv stations from DC and Baltimore.

------------------

Edward L. Nemil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.