AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

New to all this but after reading a few posts on here it seems alot of people have difficulties in connecting banana plugs to speakers and amp. After reading all this I have removed the bungs from my amp and from my speakers and with ALOT of force the plugs go into my amp but only half way into my speakers, they do not push anymore as they are touching the metal screw bit so simply no more space, is this right and are meant to stick out a little or am I doing something stupid. my speakers are Tannoy HTS201 system if that helps but all reviews stated they took banana plugs. any help would be great, thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Make sure the binding posts are completely and tightly screwed in before inserting the banana plugs into them on both the speakers and receivers.

You would unscrew them to insert bare wire.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Make sure there are no inserts in the speaker binding posts. My Revels came with a plastic plug that had to be removed if using banana plugs. Also, what brand banana plugs are you using. Some (I don't remember which) are notorious for being difficult to insert from reviews I've read.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have tried 2 different banana plugs and both go the same ammount in. you can see the gold plug through the whole where the bare wire would be if you unscrew but its just solid metal so cant push in any further does not make a difference if screwed in or out all the way

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Are you even sure those binding posts accept banana plugs? I've tried searching the web for photos or any documentation that would describe anything regarding the binding posts on those speakers but couldn't find anything. The best I've found is referencing a "robust pair" of binding post whatever that means. The Tannoy manual just mentions cutting the supplied wires to length so maybe it only accepts bare wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes exactly how you have shown in pic but maybe stick out another 2-3mm but still tight fitting, I just want to know if this is right or not, like I said new to the whole AV thing thanks

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well if they dont go in any further, and they are snug in there... and there is sound coming out of the speakers (full sound) than I think you should be okay.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I use "bananas" at the Amp and "spades" at the speaker. No worries...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.