AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys. im SICK of trying to connect my speaker wires but slipping the wire through a hole i can hardly see and then screw down the plastic...i need banana plugs...but where to get good ones at a decent price??? they want $4.00 EACH here in my city!!! i need 28 of them!!! so that is out of the question. so where can i get some decent ones at a reasonable price? and what kind should i consider? does it make a difference? thanks

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya. they sell those on ebay...but they guy will not ship to Canada. i offered to cover all shipping costs etc...but he said no. anyone willing to buy them for me and ship to me? i'll pay ya for them including the shipping of course!!!

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
holy crap. ok, they said they WILL ship to canada, but they wanted $35.00 USD to ship 20 plugs....wtf is that??? holy crap. it should not cost any more than 10.00 to mail those....and they were using US Post! i hate scammers

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya, well like i said, i'm happy to order them, but i'm not paying $35.00 usd for shipping somethign that weighs less than 1 pound.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje
I picked up about 9 pr. of these - DIY Cable Banana Plugs

Believe me, they are some great plugs. Each plug features 2 set-screws. The cable is not going to pull out of these.
Nice looking plugs.... however, from their site:
Quote:
Actual shipping cost for this item will depend on your location. Based on weight, we estimate a shipping range from $5.04 to $7.56.
For 14 pair that the OP needs, shipping would be between $70.56 and $105.84! :eek:

There is no way it actually costs that much to ship those plugs. I agree with the OP.... I don't mind paying for shipping, but to "scam me" and charge a 200% mark up on the shipping is ludicrous. Charge me more for the plugs if you need the margins and then charge me the actual shipping cost.

PE.... these Banana Plugs from: Parts Express have been pretty popular here. Reasonably priced (under $3.00 USD per pair for your quantity) and they charge the actual shipping cost.... whatever that may be.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadriverfalls
Nice looking plugs.... however, from their site: For 14 pair that the OP needs, shipping would be between $70.56 and $105.84! :eek:

There is no way it actually costs that much to ship those plugs. I agree with the OP.... I don't mind paying for shipping, but to "scam me" and charge a 200% mark up on the shipping is ludicrous. Charge me more for the plugs if you need the margins and then charge me the actual shipping cost.

PE.... these Banana Plugs from: Parts Express have been pretty popular here. Reasonably priced (under $3.00 USD per pair for your quantity) and they charge the actual shipping cost.... whatever that may be.

Good luck!
I had 9 pr of plugs shipped from DIY Cable to me via USPS Priority Mail. I paid like $6.00 total for shipping and had the plugs in 2 days. All the way from the West coast to the East coast. The shipping quote on the site is for the TOTAL order, not just a pair of plugs. It would be nice if you would have read into this a bit further before jumping to irrational conclusions and getting your calculator out to over-inflate the shipping.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje
I had 9 pr of plugs shipped from DIY Cable to me via USPS Priority Mail. I paid like $6.00 total for shipping and had the plugs in 2 days. All the way from the West coast to the East coast. The shipping quote on the site is for the TOTAL order, not just a pair of plugs. It would be nice if you would have read into this a bit further before jumping to irrational conclusions and getting your calculator out to over-inflate the shipping.
IF your shipping was only $6.00... I say GREAT and that's cool. I just looked at the quote on THEIR web site my friend. If it's inacurate, then they should change it. It CLEARLY states shipping cost "ON THIS ITEM" to be between $5.04 and $7.56 on the page showing the price for ONE pair of plugs.

I don't think I jumped to any irrational conclusions at all. If the shipping is for a TOTAL order, then it should say so. But it doesn't.... it says: on this item.

The plugs do look awfully nice though.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje
I picked up about 9 pr. of these - DIY Cable Banana Plugs

Believe me, they are some great plugs. Each plug features 2 set-screws. The cable is not going to pull out of these.
Went to their website and it says:

DESCRIPTION

The Exodus Audio connector line offers some great connectors at a great price. The EX-BANA is a premium banana plug that is suitable for use on all types of speaker cables. This connector features single set-screws for easy connection with a range of cable sizes without the need to solder. If you prefer to solder the Exodus banana will allow the removal of the set-screw for an easy to use solder hole on the body of the connector.

This says single setscrews and the features page says 2 set-screws and the pix of the plugs shows one set-screw. So.... is it one or 2 setscrews?

Thanx,

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sass
Went to their website and it says:

DESCRIPTION

The Exodus Audio connector line offers some great connectors at a great price. The EX-BANA is a premium banana plug that is suitable for use on all types of speaker cables. This connector features single set-screws for easy connection with a range of cable sizes without the need to solder. If you prefer to solder the Exodus banana will allow the removal of the set-screw for an easy to use solder hole on the body of the connector.

This says single setscrews and the features page says 2 set-screws and the pix of the plugs shows one set-screw. So.... is it one or 2 setscrews?

Thanx,
Whoa.... Carefull there Rick. You don't want to be accused of jumping to irrational conclusions. Don't actually READ what it says on their site.... and gosh forbid, don't look at their pictures either.... it's a good thing you are looking into this further.

:D ;) :p

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Quote:
The plugs have 2 set screws. I just received my order a month ago. You could e-mail them to confirm it, though.

If anyone is concerned about the shipping rates, place the items in your cart and check the actual shipping amount. If you are going to only order one pair of banana plugs, then, yes, the shipping could equal a pair of plugs because the items would be shipped Priority Mail and not in a small envelope with 75 cents worth of postage slapped on it. There is a minimum price to send Priority mail and the screen reflects the Priority mail rate. Plus, adding several more pairs of plugs will not add anything to the shipping rate, unless the weight falls into the next category for Priority mail, then there would be a small adjustment.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
I have the GLS plugs and I hate them! I used my credit cards "return protection" feature to get rid of them. Too big and too heavy and too much metal sum up my feelings.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Quote:
There is a minimum price to send Priority mail and the screen reflects the Priority mail rate. Plus, adding several more pairs of plugs will not add anything to the shipping rate, unless the weight falls into the next category for Priority mail, then there would be a small adjustment.
Ahhh... that explains it..... Thanks wje. Those really are some nice looking plugs, I wish I had seen them before I bought mine.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure-Evil
ya, well like i said, i'm happy to order them, but i'm not paying $35.00 usd for shipping somethign that weighs less than 1 pound.
Here's somebody that's in your "neck of the woods":

http://www.partsconnexion.com/

They sale the good stuff, like WBT.

I just bought some of these, I needed plugs that would accept 9 gauge wire (2-12s, tied together)

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...6&rak=091-1260

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.