AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any information on the connection properties of these two. Does the spade have more physical contact area than the banana? Looks that way to me.

But then again, banana sure look kewl...

Mark

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thats the idea. The spade has more contact area while the banana plug is easier to put on/take off.

Any measured difference in sonic attributes? Probably not.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I would doubt hearing a difference in them. But some will say they can.

A spade has better contact and will not get pulled out accidentally, but bananas are the way to go if you disconnect your wires a lot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I chosse spades for the back of my Paradigm Studio 40's but changed to bananas. The inside diamater of the spade is not quite large enough. I was able to get them onto the post but fear damaging the threads if I were to take them off and on too many times. Just a thought.

Thanks,

BB

·
Registered
891 Posts
Bananas are a dream to use. I have fairly revealing speakers (Legacy Audio), and I've never noticed even a minute difference in sound from bare wire, spades, or bananas. Ever tried to biamp/biwire your speakers with all spades!!?? Have fun ;)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Another advantage to banana plugs is that they're self cleaning. Once in a while pull them out and put them back in and you've cleaned any surface corrosion right off.

·
Registered
174 Posts
raw wire is the way to go, if you ever ruin the "connector", just snip it off and start all over again - :D - i'm a banana plug fan only because of the "cool" factor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.