AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dang, it appears things have turned to caca. I was watching T2 Revenge in Bluray and now there are vertical lines (banding?) on the screen. It doesn't matter if I am watching the player, cable or the setup screens. Sony doesn't seem to be able to help on line. Has anyone else had this problem? I've loaded _06 firmware, reset using the power button and reset using just the power cord. I bought it in 11/08.. In non-bluray mode the lines are about 1-2" apart.

Anyone out there have any suggestions?

Help! thanks

·
Registered
842 Posts
That's definitely a hardware problem.

Sounds like someone needs some service!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Darn, that is painful... Nothing like the Olympics without HD. Can you enlighten me as to why you so easily identify it as a hardware problem? Do you think it could be related to interference?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The repairman just left. It was $90 to provide an in house estimate. He said it needs a TConn $239, and another $300 for 30 minutes of labor to install it.. That is $600/hour.. He didn't think it would need a new panel.. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it just a matter of pulling the board, and plugging a new board into the tv, then putting it back together? Is there anything special it requires? Special tools or computer interface or?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiTv /forum/post/18213201

The repairman just left. It was $90 to provide an in house estimate. He said it needs a TConn $239, and another $300 for 30 minutes of labor to install it.. That is $600/hour.. He didn't think it would need a new panel.. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it just a matter of pulling the board, and plugging a new board into the tv, then putting it back together? Is there anything special it requires? Special tools or computer interface or?

Well.... it requires a knowledge to locate the T-CON board in the first place....

You know, that guy will have to drive to and from your place to be able to replace the T-CON board.

It seems like T-CON board... it could be just dirty contacts as well... hard to say... let's hope it's not panel...IT'S (just) A SONY after all

Boky

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm working on Sony to get some coverage. Hopefully they'll cover it since it's within 3 mo... If it's the panel, I guess I get a new TV. I still haven't spoken to the store I bought it from. Not certain what I'll do for a TV if it's the panel. I bought the sony b/c they are a good tv (so I thought), but I also bought it from them because I get a lot of glare..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news. Sony came through after quite a bit of work and cajoling. They are paying 75%. Their first offer was 25%... It is nice of them since it is out of warranty. Now lets hope it fixes it...

·
Registered
3,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiTv /forum/post/18262024

Good news. Sony came through after quite a bit of work and cajoling. They are paying 75%. Their first offer was 25%... It is nice of them since it is out of warranty. Now lets hope it fixes it...

nice, one of the reasons why i recommend sony TV's they will help owners even when their sets are out of warranty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts