AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the Bandwidth Limiting on a Barco Graphics 808 supposed to do?

Is it for saving tube life through not using more bandwidth than necessary?

It's only active when using an RGB input (3 or 5), when pressing the Sharpness control on the remote.

Anyhow, how do I use it? It's just a scale that goes from 0 to 100 and it's not really possible to see any difference.

Do I have any use for it at all? The highest resolution I use right now is 1024*768. On DVD i use 480p and 576p.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi,

I really don´t know, what the tech background is, but the best position is 0, if you use Port 3/4/5.

Best regards

Harry

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'll just leave it at zero then. Allways annoying not knowing what a function is for. :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hello All

Barco on zero gives the max on sharpnes so it's not the best position

Use the AVIA sharpness test pattern to get it on the best setting

Rob

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hello

I think it has a boost because you see the white line's on the AVIA sharpness pattern when going to zero and if you have it around 30 they are gone

But I'am not shure aboud the boost

Rob

·
Registered
68 Posts
where is this AVIA test patterns avaliable from

I would love have something solid to tune my htpc

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Rob,

> I think it has a boost because you see the white line's on the AVIA sharpness pattern when going to zero and if you have it around 30 they are gone. But I'am not shure aboud the boost. where is this AVIA test patterns avaliable from

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are we still talking about bandwidth limiting here? Or has the topic slid over to discussing the control's sharpness attribute, when inputing composite or s-video?

Because when changing the control on an RGB-input I really see no difference at all.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Arioch, I'm still talking about bandwidth limiting, via the Sharpness control on RGB inputs. I can't speak for anybody else. :)

> when changing the control on an RGB-input I really see no difference at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.