AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have been lurking here a while checking out all of your cool builds and getting idea's for my basement for a while now. I have had a Home Depot HDBC361D Stainless Double door beverage center that has completely stopped working. I know a couple members have the same unit and not sure if they have had problems.

I have a huge paperweight sitting in my basement bar that is a year old and I cannot for the life of me find my reciept. Without it I cannot get this thing fixed...... They could fix and or replace it if I could find it but I know I purchased this unit after hearing about it on this forum from HD that was on clearance for $350.00 cash and carry.

Anybody have any good idea's or feel like supplying a reciept to help a fellow out?

I am at a loss at this point with what to do.

Thanks!

smithl3

·
Registered
81 Posts
You would think that HomeDepot would repair it anyway , without a receipt

Did you say Everstar is their brand ? If it's H.D.'s brand where else would you have bought it ? Weird .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I definately got it from HD, and they know that they sold that unit last year, they simply wont touch it without a reciept, so I am not able to get it repaired or even get store credit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know it is a lot to ask but can anybody provide me with a reciept from last year when they bought th Everstar (Franklin Chef) two door beverage center from Home Depot?

Model HDBC361D there is no way they will touch mine without proof of sale. Providing a copy of another reciept may be enough to prove to them.....

Anything is appreciated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Unless you paid cash, all you have to do is contact the credit card company, voila. Done it many times. If you bought it with your Home Depot card, even easier yet.

·
Registered
132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by haslip /forum/post/18289228

Unless you paid cash, all you have to do is contact the credit card company, voila. Done it many times. If you bought it with your Home Depot card, even easier yet.

I agree with this guy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a cash deal, after I found out about it I went to the store to see if they still had some on clearance and bought one. Certainly wont do that again.....

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
This whole request seems odd to me. Why would anyone give you thier receipt? Makes no sense to me. Go see the manager of the store where you bought it. Tell him your plight and maybe he can work something out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a normal request I realize, but I have tried the manager route and the best they can do is request an at home service company (A&E repair or something) to come and look at it, and they will not pay for anything. They don't want me to drop it off at the store since they wont service it on site. I even tried the return for store credit route and nothing.

Hence the reciept request.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I have to say that when you buy appliances from Lowes of HD, after seven days (or something like that) and you don't return it, you are on your own to fight with the manufacturer. I got a POS dishwasher from Lowes and when I called them after 30 days to complain, it was "did you buy an extended warranty from us?" If not you are on your own.

I wish you luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input, I will keep up the fight but the more I fight the more frustrated I get, so I may just give up after a few more weeks....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts