AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to build a bar in my basement and I need a tv for it. I am thinking a 42". From my reading, I was looking at a Panasonic TH42-PX60U. would like to spend around $1,200.

What are your thoughts on this size for a bar? Is this too big?

Probably sitting 5-6' from the display. I originally thought smaller, but I want to get something I will be happy with and will entertain the drunks!

Only used for stb and HD viewing----nothing else

·
Registered
732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojdave /forum/post/0

Probably sitting 5-6' from the display.

It depends on your bar use. For me, the TV is secondary & the 42" would just dominate to much. I'd go more the 30" or smaller size, but everyone is different.

·
Banned
10,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojdave /forum/post/0

I am getting ready to build a bar in my basement and I need a tv for it. I am thinking a 42". From my reading, I was looking at a Panasonic TH42-PX60U. would like to spend around $1,200.

Probably sitting 5-6' from the display. I originally thought smaller, but I want to get something I will be happy with and will entertain the drunks!

Only used for stb and HD viewing----nothing else

Actually, for your environment a 42" PDP seems perfect. "optivity" enjoys going to his local pub style restaurant to have an order of chicken wings combined with a couple of pints of his favorite brew while watching a sporting event on the bar's 42" PDP(s).

I'll be right over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.