AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having seen Baraka in 1993 in the theatre, and having been completely spellbound by the images and music, I was hoping that one day I could recreate a little bit of that magic at home. Well, buying the new collector's edition of Baraka from DeepDiscountDVD for 10 bucks and change including shipping is a no-brainer. The transfer is excellent and the DD 5.1 track does justice to this unique piece of cinematography which was originally shot in 70 mm. I am eagerly waiting for Ron Fricke's next creation called Samsara.

If you love good images with a bit of social commentary and spirituality thrown in, Baraka's for you. It looks fabulous on my NEC LT150 projector fed by a Panasonic RP56. Colours are rich and saturated and there is no overt sign of EE in this transfer. Most reviews of this DVD on the net are based on the older version of the disc which wasn't anamorphic. I believe that any concerns about image quality have been removed with the release of this version. A superb addition to my collection.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DDD had it for 10.75 incl. shipping until 2 weeks ago. Maybe they bumped it up. I wouldn't really care about the price increase though - this DVD is worth every penny of the current $14.39 (my biased opinion of course).

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I bought it a few weeks ago and was very impressed. It's much better (IMHO) than Fricke's Chronos...

Visually, the DVD is a real stunner. A truly beautiful transfer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.