AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there have a Barco 1100 or knows anything about them?

I need a manual, can I use a 1200 series manual?

All the specifications on this PJ look good except for the 58 KHZ scan rate, will this stop me from doing any material?

Barco Data 1100: 9" SD-146 tubes, Digital controls, 1230 lumens, 15-58KHZ H-scan, 37-155 V-scan, 50 RGB bandwidth, 1024x768p and Electromagnetic focus.

It says I have to mount the PJ 190" from the screen to the lense, how much can I fudge this location closer?

Any information about this PJ would be helpfull.

Thanks.

Deron

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
The SD146 Sony tubes have a reputation of shorting for no reason, and the bandwidth will limit you for HDTV display. According to Inline's tech paper, I think you need 70Mhz bandwidth for HDTV to be properly displayed, but I could easily be wrong.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
The BD1100 is basically a BD800 except for the SD146 crts and the case. It is electrostatic-focused not EMF.

Per Johnny Ødegaard

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Johnny,

Are yousure about the electrostatic focus as Projectorspecs.com says this is a EMF PJ.

Deron

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I"ve never seen an 1100, but when I first saw the specs it got my attention because of how bright they are.

Why are these 9 inchers so bright, while having such a low

scan frequency spec?

Is it because they are older designs?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tew

The scan Frequency specification seems to have nothing to do with age of the Barco PJ's as a 1609 has a H scan of only 64 KHZ. I think it is more of a competition between the PJ's manufactures, as I do not think you need 135 KHZ for the material that is out there today.

The brightness has to do with the tube size and how hard the manufacture decides to drive the tubes.

Deron

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just bought an 1100 and am awaiting a screen to begin setup. Manuals for BD 800 (which is supposed to be the same) are available from www.freebrd.com. Please post anything interesting that you find out, as I too have many questions.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Deron,

I have 3 Barco manuals that list it as a electrostatic-focused projector and all the modules have the same part number as the BarcoData 800, and the SD146 is a electrostatic-focused crt.

PJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.