AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On edge of getting a nice one and want to ask those who know if the fan noise is disturbing on this model. Also, does it put out much heat as if will need to be floor mounted close to the seating area. I hope to get away with a F 251 processer for a while until learning more about HTPC benifits. Comments?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hello Robin

The 1208 and other Barco's don't produce much noise and heat

But the heat is coming out of the back from the projector to the seating area

Rob

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a Barco G1208.... it is very quiet, but that is somewhat dependant on how hard you are pushing it....if you are running it at a low scan rate for something like 1024X768 it is barely audible unless you are really listening for it. It also produces very little heat even after being on for hours at this resolution. If you run it at 1920X1080P at 72Hz refresh or 1600X1200 at 96Hz refresh (which I have done both with excellent results), it gets a bit warmer and the fans run harder to keep everything cool (so if you are directly behind the back the of the projector within a foot or so, it will warm your feet somewhat).... also, because the fans are running harder at higher scan rates, the noise is noticable during very quiet scenes of a movie, but not intrusive at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.