AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems im only running into trouble these days with my projector, hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this.

I have a HTPC, running linux, Ubuntu 7.10 with XBoxMediaCenter-Linux on it, feeding a RGB signal from DVI to RGB-HV (port 5) on a barco 1208s/2 with iris2.

Picture looks great, however about 3-4 times in a movie the projector, from what i can only assume looses sync with the htpc. Im now gona attempt to describe what happens:

all 3 color elements become 100% out of focus, and the raster on the tube maximizes, causing the effect of the picture to become 20% larger than the screen, entirely out of focus, and the rasters "shift" from each other so that each color is very visible. (they'r not "ontop" of each other anymore). The picture is like this for ~1.5-2.0 seconds, only to slowly "shrink" back to normal size, and become focused. Im not certain if i can hear a "tick" from the projector, my barco speciallist said this might occur.

Also im having the effect i would describe as a "degause" , that could be created on CRT monitors by pushing the degause button, however it doesn't last for ~5 seconds that the CRT monitor degause did, its only a 0.5 seconds and the image just "shakes" rapidly horizontally.

Im running the projector at [email protected] if its any help, this is the same even if im watching a NTSC or PAL movie, same also with x264 material, or low quality tv-episodes.

Sofar i'v changed the graphics card, the DVI-> RGB-HV used to be a el-cheepo RGB-HV cable with a VGA->DVI adaptor, so its not the cable either. Iv also reinstalled the os, used to run windows before with the same effect.

Thankfull for any kind of help,

Br // max

·
Registered
669 Posts
I think your EHT board is going...

I've had the same projector as you have now, and I *think* what you are describing is the effect that occurs when the HV is not properly controlled by the EHT board, its been a while though....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts