AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What mods can you do to the 1209 non-s to improve the picture? Mods besides changing the c-elements to be color corrected.

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
IT's as good as it gets. The BArcos are damn quiet, I don't know if you can improve on them.

Leave it alone and enjoy one of the best projectors out there!

Curt

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what about converting a 1209/2 to a 1209s. Since I am going to have to change the tubes out anyway how hard would it be to convert and would it be worth my while?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
For comversion information, just get the module lists from the Excel sheets and see what elements are common, then check the specific parts lists from each model's service manual. You should be able to see the differences relatively easily, I would think. Then you can decide if its worthwhile trying to convert one.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
From what I understand the 1209s is very different from its predecessors. So while it may look the same outside there are so many parts inside the projector that have changed that upgrading to the 1209s is simply not reasonable.

Paul gives a good hint on tracking the changes - once somebody looks them up he'll soon see that is just not worth it.

Oliver

·
Registered
140 Posts
You'll need to replace almost everything, save the covers...

·
Registered
140 Posts
You'll need to replace almost everything, save the covers...

·
Registered
62 Posts
And what is needed to transform a 1609s to a 1209s except for the lenses.

The problem with the 1609s is that it only takes scan freq. from 15 to 17kHz, and 30 to 33 and 60 to 64. So if I for exsample would like to run 720P on 50 Hz it's not possible but with a higher refresh rate it's OK.

I mean that if I want to use a dvd player with 720P thats impossible.

If it can be done that would be a great improvement.

Curt, I know you have considered this.

Regards

//Bengt

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tiger_piggy_lee
The fans are deadly quiet when fired up.

It went a lot noisier after a movie.

Does BG 1209 have two fan speed ; at lease ???

Regards

Frank
I don't know if mine has two speed fans or what but you are right. I don't hear anything when the movie begins, but when the movie is over the noise drowns out my htpc completely. I was thinking about some kind of gigantic hush box but it would really be ugly.

·
Registered
549 Posts
That's because the Barco fans are thermostatically controlled.

The lower the ambient temperature the slower the fans operate. In a hot environment, or when the PJ's been operating for a while, they speed up.

The key to keeping the fan noise low is to keep your room temperature as low as you can.

Mark

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
there is no pleasing some guys

a barco 1209 is one of the nicest

projectors out there

it cost almost 30,000$$$ new

any mods you make to the projector

just makes it harder for a tech to find

what is wrong if your projector ever needs repaired

however it is your money and your projector

but if it was me i would spend the money

put aside for mods on a pro setup

instead

XANATOS

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hello

The best mod is to change the clear C-Elements to Colored C-Elements for red and green.

And find a very good setup and Grayscale Guru and let him setup the projector.

There is no way to upgrade a 1209/2 to a 1209s.

Rob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.