AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have a new (2nd hand!) CRT projector. (RGBHV)

I have a multiple source switcher (Sony TADA9000ES) that outputs component - i want to keep that switching my existing gear and utilise its component out (currently it outputs into a component/RGBHV transcoder that came with the Barco)

I have a HDMI 1080p BlueRay player (HDCP enabled)

Are there any products that will enable me to use my existing component source and add the BR player and my CRT projector will still get a 1080p signal?

(Are there any "all in one" products that strip HDCP or NOT turn off the analog outputs if a HDCP encoded bitstream is detected??)

I was thinking of getting a FuryHD as that would make my projector HDCP compliant and also mean I could run a long HDMI cable between the projector and processor without getting the loss/attenuation with the current long RGBHV run.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
There is not loss/attenuation with RGBHV runs of 50 feet or less. You could upgrade the component transcoder to kim's and use the HDFury to feed it and have just a single RGBHV run to the PJ. Or you could get moome's new box to do the same thing.

Dave

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person99 /forum/post/0

There is not loss/attenuation with RGBHV runs of 50 feet or less. You could upgrade the component transcoder to kim's and use the HDFury to feed it and have just a single RGBHV run to the PJ. Or you could get moome's new box to do the same thing.

Dave

Thanks Dave

Its longer than 50 feet - around 75.

I'm thinking moome's new box!!

Anyone got a link for the "kimcoder"?

kind regards

·
Registered
5,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverg /forum/post/0

Thanks Dave

Its longer than 50 feet - around 75.

In that case you could get an extron or equivalent which can drive cables about 200 feet. Problem is, unless you get a newer one, they can introduce some noise. I have a 202Rxi that I use and it does not introduce any noise.

The 50 feet was a ballpark. You will probably be OK at 75 with good cables like Belden 1694a.

Man, how far do you have to walk to load a DVD if the components are a 75 foot run from the PJ?!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverg /forum/post/0

Anyone got a link for the "kimcoder"?

You really should search here:
http://www.crescendo-systems.com/rev_transcoder.html

2000 = no gamma

2200 = adjustable gamma correction

Dave

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to give the 1209s back to the previous kid owner who got smart and did some research and found out how much it was worth.

I'm now buying a 1209 off the legendary Curt who has been absolutely fantastic. (I sort of expected as much)

Thanks for all your answers guys!

kind regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.