AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The red crt will not light up. Could I have turned it off accidentally?? The red crt has 0 burn but the end of the tube does not have the orange glow that the green and blue tubes have???? The green led on the power supply on the back of the tube is on!

· Registered
14 Posts
I had the same problem with my bg808s. It turns out that it was a combination of no use for a while, very low gain setting, and no warm up time.

Try raising the gain on the red tube in the picture tuning menu and letting the pj warm up for about 2 hours with input from a video source.

If that doesn't work you might have to start trouble shooting.

Joe

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also the red crt has three small hosizontal lines at a slight angle. will try the warm-up and the adjustment you suggested in the picture menu. the two other tubes are performing fine.

Thanks, Chip

· Registered
968 Posts
Chip,

Have you tried swapping the output amps from the red to another tube. The lack of the orange glow bother's me a bit since that means that tube either is not getting the +/- voltage for the heater circuit, or the tube is bad. Was the tube working before?

If it weren't for the missing glow I would be more confident about swapping the output amps for a quick test. Have you checked in the color balance menu's to see that red's gain and cut-off are still where they used to be?

Mark

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Curt suggested the same and by a fluke it works now after switching the amps back and forth it seems the problem was just a bad connection!!

Thanks much, Chip

· Registered
968 Posts
Chip,

Another idea. After looking at the service manual I would see if all the connections are still making good contact on the output amp assembly. The output amp is basically attached to the pc board that has the tube socket on it in one big assembly. The output amp has a connector with a group of wires (9 I think) and the socket pc board has a smaller connector with 4-5 wires. This smaller connector/cable is the one that feeds the heater power to the tube. Its disconnect is at the motherboard end of the cable, not on this crt assembly. See if that connection is lose or has come undone.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.