AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold one of two Barco 1609's I have. THe customer wants to run 47 Khz, or line tripling.

He's done some research, and crtcinema seems to think that the set scans from 15 to18 Khz, then from 30-32 and then 60-64 Khz, eliminating 47 Khz as being a viable scan rate.

Is this true? I've never heard of this, and while I can lug the uncrated 1609 into the basement to my quadrupler, I'd rather find out form someone here.

Are there any other sets that do not have a continuous scan rate?

Thanks!

Curt

·
Registered
968 Posts
Curt,

Unlike the Data and Graphics series, all of the Vision series projectors have a limited, non-continuous range stated for horizontal frequency capability. I don't know why they did it that way, but there must be something slightly cheaper about manufacturing a Vision projector to be able to do this. I bet the frequency detection circuit combined with software disallows the use of signals outside of those specified ranges, but I haven't tried it myself.

Can you take your lightweight quadrupler and a video source to the projector instead of the other way around? I don't think you would really need to project the image on a screen to initially see if it works for tripled. I'd sure like to hear what you learn since I have a pair of the older BV1600 units myself.

Mark

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, tick me right off! (but thanks Nick!)

I'm on the phone with Barco now to see what can be done about this...

Curt

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, Barco says nothing can be done. I'm going to try and modify..;-)

Curt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.