Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all =)

I'mmmm back. After a long stint sans-HT after my 1030 died, I now have a Barco 400 graphics I purchased from Curt and I am slowly learning my new beast.

While I am familiar with the Sony 1030 inside and out, the BG400G is still a mystery to me.

If possible I would like people who are feeling helpful to offer up tips on the setup and usage of this PJ. I am eager to learn!

I am running it off a Radeon HTPC, so hints and tips on HTPC output settings would be appreicated :)

I am a newbie again - ain't it great!

Thanks!

- Rick

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have a BG400 and would help you no problem-If you we're not using a htpc!!!!! I have tried several times to get my barco to sync to a pc but have failed and always go back to my trusty dvdo doubler-I think you will need an extron that will do sync stripping, the 400 is a picky @#[email protected]

good luck

Wayne

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there Wayne!

Well I got it to lock onto my HTPC at 640x480, 720x480, 800x600, 1024x768 all well and good. Nice image too.

Though Curt shipped the unit in a ceiling mount configuration so I have been unable as yet to watch a movie on it. Being as I haven't figured out how to hang this beast yet I got instructions from Curt on how to flip the image... Somehow I messed it all up and now it won't sync on anything, including the built in pattern generator. So I'm waiting on Curt to email me 'fix-it' directions, so I can move on to my next boo-boo lol.

Nice unit so far.

- Rick

·
Registered
383 Posts
Wow

Gotta hate that,

Are the fuses ok? Can't you go back and reverse all you've done as far as the adjustments?

Here is what i get from the manual:

A:horizontal scan inversion:three identical switches for each colour are used. When changing the horizontal scan, always change the three switches in the same way.(to reach the switches remove first the metal protection plate on the EHT board by turning out three screws.)

B:vertical scan inversion : one switch for the three colours together is used.

Important:scan inversion has to be done always with the projector swtched off.

Switches are provided on the motherboard.

1.ceiling front (A)pressed

2. (B)pressed

opposite for floor mount.

Hope this helps

cheers

Wayne

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I did that - putting it back as it was.

Curt told me it was no big deal and easy to fix =) So now I am happy bunnie, just waiting on the fix.

·
Registered
383 Posts
How did you get your PC to sync to the PJ-did you use an extron-did you go through the rcvds-tell me-I must know;)

Wayne

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VGA to BNC breakout.

RGBs

HTPC w/Radeon & Powerstrip

Syncs set to negative.

Worked for me.

- Rick

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hmmm

I have all that on my computer and set it the same-I wonder if there is something on the PJ that is not set-like some sort of sync switch or summit like that.

Wayne

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have you guys tried to turn that HFr1 pot on the projector? I'll have to turn it if every time on my Data H/R when I change between composite / rgb. Of course the autolock must be pressed too and maybe you have to turn that Vhold pot also...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.