Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings

I have a barco 500 taking a number of inputs that are all showing same unexpected results so I dont believe the source to be the problem. This happened over about 5 minutes while i was out of the room. I returned and the screen was 40% darker!

It still powers up and displays and image but it is very dark. All 3 tubes are on and seemingly unchanged but the image is about 40% darker than normal. I have checked the contrast/brightness settings and about 60/60 is normally where i keep them and now even up to 100/100 and its still not bright enough. Furthermore, if i leave it on now for about 3 hours... it will get darker... say 70% darker than normal... then if i turn it off over night, it will be back to 40% darker than normal in the morning... etc.

I dont know how better to describe the picture than this:

The whites are still white, but the darks are way too dark... there is almost no contrast in the darks.. yeah i guess that makes sense.

Anyone have an idea what has gone out?

Thanks for the advice.

Armando Castillo

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
HMM Im not a real big tech but I do tinker and sometimes fix problems.

It almost sounds as if the unit is not being fully powered? It is possible that the power supply might be on its way out or perhaps a capacitor in the power supply has failed.

It sounds power related to me though and thats where I would start checking. Either that or the tubes just reached 100k hours :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.