AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a BG 600 from Curt Palme and have been playing with the convergence. I'm unable to do a proper convergence as of yet because of a faulty board which allows to centre the raster image on each tube, however, I do have a somewhat acceptable image right now.

Anyways, I was originally testing the unit with my stand alone player and no line doubler. I decided to hook up my pc last night (I have a Matrox G400 card and am just using the svideo out for now) and test it with my star wars dvd.

I was blown away by the difference in quality...wow! And what really excites me is that I haven't done a proper convergence yet or have a real screen (don't ask what I'm using right now).

Now, my question is, does anyone know what the optimal resolution my video card should be set to for this unit? I've adjusted the vertical amplitude for anamorphic widescreen format (as most of my dvd's are in this format) and I do have powerstrip installed.

Sorry for the long post...I find all of this very exciting. :)

Thanks folks,

Gary.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
If you think the SVideo looks good, connect it to the RGBHV input. You will be in tears! :) I can't say for sure about a Barco 600 but my 800 likes a negative sync signal on the RGBHV input. With the Matrox card this is easy to set using PowerStrip and can be downloaded here I think that the Barco should scan to at least 33 Khz so 800x600 should be obtainable without a problem and will blow svideo away. The latest Matrox driver may be able to set negative sync without Powerstrip but I am not sure. You will also need a RGB breakout cable that can be had for about 20 bucks.

Good Luck

Mike

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike, I'll have to give that a try!

I'm looking forward to getting this thing setup properly and seeing what it can do.

Cheers!

Gary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.