AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a barco 600 is working fine yesterday, but today a turn it on and the machine turns on, but the tubes are not on, i see a red light on the rgb buttons on the righ hand side of the crt where you can adjust the colors of the machine, i dont know if that is a message error or something, please advice me if you know whats wrong

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Is it in standby?

Is the power cord plugged in okay?

Did you pray to the Barco Gods?

Did you unplug it for a while and try again later?

Did you talk nicely to it?

Did it hear you talking about getting one of those DLP PJs?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i did pray, and talk nicely to it and it is still angry at me. i am thinking my barco is a girl. she is mad at me, and i dont know what i did wrong lol.

the cord is plugged in, and the machine goes on, the problem are the tube that are not firing, they are acting as they are dead. how does the pj act when is on standby? is it similar as what i explained to you? if so, how can i get it out of stanby?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Sounds like a high voltage power supply problem. In my experience with old analog Barco's when you see the red light it is time to let Curt Palm chime in. He has allot of Barco expertise.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this barco is surely acting strange, after trying to locate the problem, i let the convergence fall on top of the pj, and bingo the three tube started to work. now the problem is that i have three vertical thick lines flickering. curt if you are outthere please help me.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Perhaps time to pull the boards, look for bad solder connections, ( common ) and re-seat everything. I believe Curt also mentioned the problems of bad connections in the High voltage supply. This can damage your tubes, so better fix it first.

Marc

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
EVERY Barco anywhere is a little princess.

The tubes aren't turned off at the controller panel, right?

Nicholas

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i took apart the board and check for bad solder and could not find one. the strange thing is that when i put the grid pattern the line disappear, but when i feed it through composite video i see the lines. there is no other way for me to connect another type of input, since the card of the rcvd 400 only has composite video input. note* the rcvd 400 is connected to the barco through rgbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.