AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Barco 701 that does not have auto sync detection and postive sync after a resoultion of 480P. I have the orignanal Panasonic HD VCR and Tuner that i would like to use. I would also like to scale DVD's to 720P in Negative Sync. I understand i can get an Extron Piece to convert postive sync to negative sync,however, I am also aware that persons have used computer software, to manipulate sync outputs, refresh rates and resolution outputs from their computer.

My question is if I purchas a DVD ROM for my computer What software could I use to get a scaled signal i,e.. HD signal and negative synce signal as an output.. Also, as im not sure yet i might have to convert my HD VCR signal to a negative sync is there a computer graphics inpute card that would pass through the siganal but convert the synce..

I have been looking for this for a long time with no sucess and Im getting tired of my DVDO and cannot offerd, faroudja processor.

Please note, if somone knows of someone selling an outdated scaler that is compatable with the Barco 701 I might be willing to purchase it..

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
This is partly an HTPC question, you might want to search through the HTPC forum for software DVD players. I favor the TheaterTek player, but others in the HTPC forum like WinDVD, PowerDVD, Zoomplayer, etc. There's a handful of DVD applications that work well.

As for the negative sync, everyone uses PowerStrip, a shareware program that can be had for something around $25(USD). It will also set the resolution of the video card to 720p, and the DVD player will (in conjuction with the video card) scale the image to fill 720 vertical. People here favor the ATI Radeon series of graphics cards for this purpose, as its pretty well supported by PowerStrip and does a good job on the scaling.

An HTPC will get you reasonably close to a Faroudja processor for a much, much lower cost. Some may say it'll be pretty close to being the same for DVD, but I haven't seen a Faroudja in action so I won't comment on that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.